Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
I got to say aside some very annoying bugs and issues I enjoyed some real good MP on Syndicates server. aside from the chasing ghost planes for 2 hours I gave up in there this morning what a shame would be a good MP server if it were not for the ghost planes.

But I will never give up!
Do you see ghost dots on Repka #1? Could anyone check please. We did not have any reports on it.

BTW we used to have Syndicate's mpdotrange server settings (20 or 25 iirc) but then reset it to default.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 PM
zipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lololopoulos View Post

2. Right after I took off in 109, the engine started shaking very badly, and 30 seconds later, a message "Governor Failure" appeared. I had both of my radiator open. What could be the cause?

I've seen this too. The question is, "what governor?". There isn't any prop governor yet ...
Old 07-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
I've seen this too. The question is, "what governor?". There isn't any prop governor yet ...
Could it be the manual control unit linked to the propellors gearbox, that got faulted?

6S_Blues
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

I just downloaded today and flew a few missions. Everything ran pretty smooth. Only had a couple of stutters over London. Flew the Spit and Hurricane, so far I like the Hurricane better. So far so good, and it should only get better.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoilfx View Post
Regrading 2:
It's probably that you stayed on the ground for too long before taking off. Remember, radiators don't really work when air isn't going through them.

So even though you had them open, there just wasn't enough time to cool the engine down when you finally took off.
wow that was exactly what i did. i stayed on the ground with the engine running while did some other stuff in the cockpit. but what is a governor anyways?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

thanks guys for all your responses! i hope the new US customers can bring back a little more positive energy to this forum!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs [CV] View Post
I just downloaded today and flew a few missions. Everything ran pretty smooth. Only had a couple of stutters over London. Flew the Spit and Hurricane, so far I like the Hurricane better. So far so good, and it should only get better.
you're from Ohio? where in ohio do u live? i was surprised cus given the countable people in US who play this game i thought the chance of there being someone else from ohio is minimal. haha but i guess i'm wrong.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lololopoulos View Post
you're from Ohio? where in ohio do u live? i was surprised cus given the countable people in US who play this game i thought the chance of there being someone else from ohio is minimal. haha but i guess i'm wrong.
Small town called Wadsworth, about 15 minutes west of Akron. About 45 minutes South of Cleveland.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Isn't Ohio about the same size as GB? Or is it bigger?

Sorry, just checked, Ohio is about half the size of GB. Sorry.
LOL u just gave me an idea visually how small GB is. I didn't know that before.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

hey guys, reporting back after couple of hours of flying. Tested out the limit of the engine etc.

Here r some more questions:
1. What does propeller pitch do? I know this is probably a dumb question for some of you. I was told that it is kinda like the gear in cars. But after experimenting with it today, at highest throttle setting, if I adjust the pitch setting in 109 counter-clockwise, the revs simply go down and the engine noise goes lower too. I didn't notice any change on the airspeed. Am I missing something here?

2. What does the hand pump do?

3. This is what I do to start the engine in 109. Is the following correct?
-Fuel cock on
-Magneto 1+2
-oil radiator and radiator full open
-throttle a little bit forward
-press "I" for ignition
Am I missing any step here?

4. In Hurricane, the fuel cock has 2 stages. What are they?

Thanks fellas!