Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Default Just put:

I just put a new thread question in the control section of the forum. So if somebody could read it (there...Controls) I'd appreciate it. Question, somehow I lost all my keyboard default settings...how can I get them back and why is it so hard to get my Saitek X52 control settings to stick? All of these questions and problems are not in the older IL2 game!

Mahalo, for any help folks.....
Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

The keyboard settings are stored in confUser.ini
(..Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover)

you will find a second confUser.ini in ..Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
if you need the orginal settings simply copy the confUser.ini from "..Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" into the "..Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder.

You should also deactivate the steam cloud.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

i had the exact same problem
solution
make your changes in game and when you are ready press the save as button
this will allow you to create a new conf.ini
that's it
Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

A err...thanks guys. I'll see how this works. I see that many people had the same problems. Hopefully this will work. Things were much simpler in the original IL2.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Registered Member

Cool

i had the exact same problem
solution
make your changes in game and when you are ready press the save as button
this will allow you to create a new conf.ini
that's it

So from there you somehow get that new conf.ini into the control settings HOW? Load? Open? and put it in the control box?

Mahalo, for help guys...I'm a old man who hasn't played IL2 for over a year...computer problems etc.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

I just want to point out the old IL-2 wasn't exactly the perfectly beautiful ideal of user-friendliness to a brand new player. I very distinctly recall wrestling for hours with the joystick input curves before I got it working correctly. All the default joystick settings in Dover worked perfectly for me the first time.

Anyway, to answer your question... assign the keybindings you want in the controls options menu. Click "save as..." and name it something you'll remember. Click "apply". You're done.

Clear skies.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

I just want to point out the old IL-2 wasn't exactly the perfectly beautiful ideal of user-friendliness to a brand new player. I very distinctly recall wrestling for hours with the joystick input curves before I got it working correctly. All the default joystick settings in Dover worked perfectly for me the first time.

Anyway, to answer your question... assign the keybindings you want in the controls options menu. Click "save as..." and name it something you'll remember. Click "apply". You're done.

Clear skies.

Thanks for your input people. I have NO problem with the controls on old IL2 sim but this one is NUTS! I did all the things you guys said to do and when I try to fly the plane all it does is drop to the left (very unwieldy controls). The gunsite is off and I see no way to input that change. I get a white patch of nothing in the upper left hand corner and most of the control settings I put into the keyboard side of things do not work. I did put many things in by hand...did apply and save as and it still does not work too well esp the joystick. The movement of the aircraft from the joystick is almost nill. What would the input for the aileron be? Some joystick movement? When I try to input that with a up movement it wants a change in the joystick settings that are already inputted. Do I have to un-install and re-install. I've always hated Steam but when I tried to not put that in it stopped the install cold. I really need some help here gang with across the board settings and controls...that actually stick and work!

Mahalo.....
PS: I clicked apply first and then did a save as...was that wrong?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfox28 View Post
I really need some help here gang with across the board settings and controls...that actually stick and work!

Mahalo.....
PS: I clicked apply first and then did a save as...was that wrong?
I replied to your thread in the controls section. Hopefully it will be of some use to you. If not, let us know.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

OK, thanks guys.