Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Track Ir 5 just stopped working...why?

After 70 hours trouble free ,TrackIr just stopped- works fine with Il-2 but for some reason ( possibly connected with Game Boost utility) it now refuses to work.I now have only mouse control of views.Ami missing a "tun on " swith or something in "config " files to switch on? Desparate...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
Ami missing a "tun on " swith or something in "config " files to switch on? Desparate...
It should just work without any issues. Is it being detected in the TrackIR software when running Clod?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Try disable trees

I know bad joke.

How is your blue light when you start cod?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Aloha,
i only got the pre-version trackIR4 but also sometimes lay down work! Thankfully not in an online session in mid-fight, but i just restartet the software to make it work again!
btw, I`m sure you tried it already.

Greets from the other side of the world!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

reboot worked ...I had momentary panic...The sim was workinf so well!
Please remove this post- Thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
reboot worked ...I had momentary panic...The sim was workinf so well!
Please remove this post- Thanks!
James, the same thing has happened to me several times. I run a lot of other programs that are CPU-intensive (never at the same time as COD, though) -mainly for video editing. As with yourself, I've found a reboot "flushes" whatever remnants remain hidden that obviously conflict with TrackIR. it's a bit of a nuisance, but I always reboot prior to playing COD now.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Thanx Snapper for the reboot advice....sometimes, it's the simple things overlooked.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

TrackIR cameras get very hot. I've used 4-5 of them over the years as they evolved. I would not fly Sims without them any more but I HIGHLY recommend unplugging them when not in use.. it will save you many hours of use later.
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 07-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
TrackIR cameras get very hot. I've used 4-5 of them over the years as they evolved. I would not fly Sims without them any more but I HIGHLY recommend unplugging them when not in use.. it will save you many hours of use later.
What i have readed from tir site, camera is not on when its plugged on usb but not tir software is not running, as they say in their forums.

Just checked because i just thinked same, is it better unplug when not playing.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Yup, better unplug it just in case. I had a TrackIR4 set and i didn't know about this, it died on me within just two years.

I really liked how precise and useful it was, but the flimsy construction of the track clip pro (it broke within the first two months and i'm one of those extra careful people with my equipment, keeping non-upgradeable peripherals like joysticks and speakers in good condition for 10 years or so on average) and the fact that the camera is so sensitive has made me wary of making the investment for a new set.

I now use trackclip pro (held in place with duct tape) and an ordinary webcam with freetrack. It's not as smooth and precise but it still does the job fine.

If there was an extended warranty policy i might pick up a trackIR5 in the future as it still is better in precision overall, but right now i'm not very keen on spending the money.

Long story short, take care of your trackIR cameras and unplug them when not in use, because if they get damaged you will really miss its functionality