Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Default Info Windows Arrgh!

Well, I've figured out enough to totally screw these up, so I have a new plan!
Find someone who can make new configurations and put them up in a screenshot and a copy of the pertinent part so we idiots can just copy and paste.
So, can anyone here make all the useful windows that can be created and post them along with a copy of the config that it is in? Please and thank you? I can move them around and I can make them have no borders, I can delete them but damned if I can bring them back once I do.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

I've been compiling a sort of quick and dirty FAQ for the western hemisphere release but i haven't published it yet because some things are prone to change in patches. I'll probably go ahead and post it anyway if we don't get a patch within the week with a "subject to revision and becoming obsolete due to patching" notice.

In any case, here's the deal with the info windows:

Quote:
Interface info windows
This is how you can customize a window from scratch to display a variety of things you might want:

1) Once you are in the cockpit (just start a mission from QMB and pause the sim) enable the mouse cursor (default key is F10) and right click on the screen to get a menu pop-up, then select the option to create a new info window.

2) Mouse click is used to work the cockpit controls, alt-click is used to select the interface info windows. So, alt-click on the window you just created to bring it into focus (if it's not already), then right click on it and select customize.

3) You can now see the customization screen. On the right-most column you can see the available information you can display. Click on an item from that column and then click on the arrow buttons to move it to the middle column. The middle column is what the window actually displays (right column is what's available, middle column is what you choose to see).

You can have more than one information streams displayed on a single window. If you want to change their priority, click on one of the middle column items and click on the arrow buttons to move them up/down the list.

4) Once you select the information you need to be displayed, you can further customize each of them. This is what the left-most column does, it displays extra options for each of the items in the middle column. Just click on one of the items in the middle column and you'll see its options in the left-hand column.

For example, if you click on the "window" item in the middle column, in the left column you'll get options to hide the borders/title bar and modify the active/inactive alpha (the transparency of the window when it's in focus and when it's not), if you click on a data stream in the middle column (let's say, secondary controls which displays your flaps/gear/etc messages), in the left column you'll get options to modify how the text looks (font size, word wrap, colour,etc) and so on.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Blackdog,

Believe me, I've searched, and can't find where I read how to turn off the info window. i thought it was in something you wrote, Can you help me? In the mean time, I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX