Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Ok, they should have had a patch or a fix available ready for the us release, which they am I talking about? You decide
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

You mean like non collidable trees bliss, dont start preaching to me about flight sims bliss, you talk about 10 years of support, how many of those years did you see bliss
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Oleg has gone, dont count on anything.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Repent View Post
You mean like non collidable trees bliss, dont start preaching to me about flight sims bliss, you talk about 10 years of support, how many of those years did you see bliss

What do you want? If you don't think it will get fixed, I'll gladly buy your copy and you can be done with it and stop complaining.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Enjoying the banter guys but dont you have TS?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

I want luthier to spend 30 seconds to let me know (by me a mean the hundreds others as well) of any progress in fixing the game, so I can get some enjoyment out of something I waited years for and spent money on, surely that ain't a lot to ask is it? I'm not asking for daily texts to my mobile, just some sort of information from the devs on the devs forum
Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Repent View Post
I want luthier to spend 30 seconds to let me know (by me a mean the hundreds others as well) of any progress in fixing the game, so I can get some enjoyment out of something I waited years for and spent money on, surely that ain't a lot to ask is it? I'm not asking for daily texts to my mobile, just some sort of information from the devs on the devs forum
Ah. So I take it you missed what was posted today?

Quote:
5. You can meet more members of the team in my earlier post here, which also contains a sort of a rough roadmap of what we’re currently working on:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24240

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Opitz

It is all as I predicted right in the beginning, and got banned for it few times. I told everyone, nobody ever will be able to repair it, IF they will not rewrite it from the scratch! The sounds is, as Luthier is saying, such case...

So I see their real plan - just to sell it in US to the rest of their customer base, which trusted them to provide the patch for the most obvious bugs in this "game". Trust was again broken. Not for the first time, but believe me, nobody cares, because payment transaction is done, and you'll never see your money back. And you have to be patient, as a member of IL2 community, and don't ask unpleasant question. And beware to demand anything!!
They will give you IL2 sturmovik after couple of months, with some bugs corrections, but the engine will be same, there will be still missing any reasonable content. They are following same model as with old IL2... selling addons or "patches"...
Get it or leave. This is their message. I left. I am here just to observe and learn how such marketing strategy is complete failure.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Lol nice to see that me and JG52Uther are not the only squad members having it out on the banana forums

Bliss you have touched upon a lot of the things I have mentioned (okay okay i know his post is more mature and articulate than mine) but unfortunately the things that are obvious to us (especially the fps comparison) just falls on deaf ears.

Nice try though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Tvrdi

@Bliss - I want this sim to succeed...I mean I wouldnt be so frustrated (because of bad performance on my modern rig) that I dont care. I would just trash it. But everything I tried (with all my HW and SW knowledge and years of experience with tweaking wins and games) didnt help. Im still having a bad performance. Its a bit better with textures set to med but then the game is much uglier. And still Im loosing sound online; trees are not there in fact. FM is great (DM better than in ROF) but I dont like how the game looks (except cockpits which are great looking). It looks like a vivid cartoon. And there are occasional stutters too. Builidings and trees are causing problems fps wise. So more or less its unplayable for me in current state. Thats where my frustration comes from.
I really hope one day this sim will be optimised and with improved sounds and landscape, with working trees (not the ghost trees we have now). I cant call this a serious top sim with ghost trees and bad/not working sounds. I know the sim market is small, and small teams are working on top sims. But this is not a finished product, in fact it wasnt even a beta when it was released (IMHO). Thats not a way your getting new/old customers BACK. Thats a worst "marketing".
Hope things will look better in the future.

Last edited by Tvrdi; 07-20-2011 at 09:49 AM.