Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

goodbye €'s,HELLO $$'s.....................
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

This is like the nut house

Everyone's begging for Luthier to say something. So what happens? Luthier responds with a confirmation of continued support and about the lack of communication.

Basically he finally comes here to say something and now everyone goes back to putting on the tin foil hats. And anyone really needs to wonder why the communication is lacking around here? He doesn't post, everyone is crying. He posts, everyone's crying.

I mean, cmon fellas..

Wait a minute..

Ok, phew.. Lets go back to that dead horse again

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Basically he finally comes here to say something and now everyone goes back to putting on the tin foil hats. And anyone really needs to wonder why the communication is lacking around here? He doesn't post, everyone is crying. He posts, everyone's crying.
They do not want communication or the game fixed. They need a subject to complain about as they get more emotional benefits from it as I explain in another thread about forums quality. Negative personalities will remain negative, you will see.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Im sorry but Luthiers post *swear word* me more than before, he says he reads this forum?? and them comes on and posts that?

What have they been doing for the last 4 weeks???

Que Carguy, Blackdog, robtek and the others to now tell me "look he posted" be calm, just wait, your being silly.

you guys wait and play nice, im happy for you, i really am. but dont even reply to me cos i dont care and im not listening ok?

Me? im *swearwords* off like you wouldnt believe with that waste of internet space post.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

And how soon you forget the number of months we all waited before we could even enjoy a 10 minute session on the current flight sim you play.

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by Sneaksie; 07-20-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Obscene language
Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

no bliss, i aint forgot that, i remind myself and others of that almost every day, but is that acceptable, to have to wait months?? i also remember the uproar over at that other flight sims forums, are you telling me luthier and his gang didnt have the time even then to look at those forums, and learn from their mistakes?? bliss, the game has massive deep lying issues, yer they say they will be fixed and have recently confirmed their continued support, but they have just released a title they know is buggy as hell, christ, look at the sound bug, its not fit for purpose, i dont see their business model, is it "buy it now and we will fix it later, but dont complain if you dont hear anything from us while we are fixing it?" from your point bliss id love to hear, you have spent lots of time trying to fix it, build a mission that works, well done for that, but its still a million miles off of a saleable product.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Repent View Post
but they have just released a title they know is buggy as hell, christ, look at the sound bug, its not fit for purpose,
Who is "they"? Who are you blaming?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

they!, who do YOU think? not the fbi, or the cia, not microprose, and not activision, im not gonna spell it out for you.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
they!, who do YOU think? not the fbi, or the cia, not microprose, and not activision, im not gonna spell it out for you.
You should know that the game is developed by one company but issued by another if you read forums.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
no bliss, i aint forgot that, i remind myself and others of that almost every day, but is that acceptable, to have to wait months?? i also remember the uproar over at that other flight sims forums, are you telling me luthier and his gang didnt have the time even then to look at those forums, and learn from their mistakes?? bliss, the game has massive deep lying issues, yer they say they will be fixed and have recently confirmed their continued support, but they have just released a title they know is buggy as hell, christ, look at the sound bug, its not fit for purpose, i dont see their business model, is it "buy it now and we will fix it later, but dont complain if you dont hear anything from us while we are fixing it?" from your point bliss id love to hear, you have spent lots of time trying to fix it, build a mission that works, well done for that, but its still a million miles off of a saleable product.
What do you expect? Would you rather have these guys make a game like a first person shooter that's only content is the different amounts of weapons you can fit yourself with and then sell it to the masses for large profit? I can't even begin to imagine the sheer amount of research involved for a WWII sim let alone the complexities they are trying to do with this one. And those complexities are 10x that of some Call of Duty 15 or w/e # it's on now. There's more to compute in a spitfire cockpit than the entire character in a Call of Duty game. Those MASSIVE companies that release a simple FPS still release games with bugs and they have unlimited resources and work force. A flight sim, especially this one, is soo much more complex, yet is sold to a very very small community of people. In other words, the profits are nowhere near (if anything) to where a console crap game or a PC FPS is.

And for having deep lying issues (as you call it) this sim can have 1000x more planes and objects in a mission than ROF could ever imagine. I'd say the foundation for a solid immersive flight sim engine is there. I'd much rather have a sound bug currently, or a prop pitch lever that's backwards, or an FM problem than have the entire foundation of the flight sim with an extremely limited game engine which can't be changed.

ATAG Forums + Stats