Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Yes, of course that's also a possibility.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Currently some script methods do not work correctly with player planes in MP. Checking if plane is airborne, catching landing/takeoff events do not work, so the best you can do is just remove the plane immediately it is abandoned. Adding timer would be nice for airborne planes, but not worth now, because you will get piles of planes on the ground.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
Currently some script methods do not work correctly with player planes in MP. Checking if plane is airborne, catching landing/takeoff events do not work, so the best you can do is just remove the plane immediately it is abandoned. Adding timer would be nice for airborne planes, but not worth now, because you will get piles of planes on the ground.
Very true. We've tried changing the timeout parameter but it doesn't seem to do anything. But even stranger, every single beta patch makes the scripts behave differently. Beta patch 3, for instance, seems to completely ignore the script.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 AM
602Sqn.McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
It's more than likely people crashing. Looking at the logs there's all sorts of P2Psteam connection errors and people getting forced out either by steam or by a launcher.exe error. MP is far from running correctly, let alone the game. It's still a bad assumption to make that people are simply disconnecting, when there's many errors that show otherwise.
A bad assumption hey. Well I would agree with you Bliss and to assume something can make an ass out of u and me, however, you would agree that in IL2 pilots would exit and grab another plane regularly. How do I know? Well Bliss, as you know, you only have to look at the list of pilots to planes and see that the pilot would spawn immediately after in a new plane. Wasn't hard to check. Bit harder to check in this multiplayer system but not impossible.
So, yes there could be other reasons but I do believe there is a large number of people who just want to get up in the sky and raise those stats.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Oh I agree with you Mclean. But the servers I played on in old IL2, the only way you could hop into another plane was if you bailed, landed, or were PK'd. Some people had a habit of hitting the refly button fairly soon (after one of those) and it could screw up your "in-game" score/not give you credit, but the stats the server was running would catch it. But that's a completely different thing than actually disco'ing from the server, what we are talking about here.

And the only thing I can say, is looking at the logs, many people are constantly crashing out all the time from MP. So I don't think, or should I say hope, that many people are worried about their online stats at this stage in the game. I think we should worry about that sort of think after we have some sort of stability/progress.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 AM
602Sqn.McLean

Quote:
Oh I agree with you Mclean. But the servers I played on in old IL2, the only way you could hop into another plane was if you bailed, landed, or were PK'd. Some people had a habit of hitting the refly button fairly soon (after one of those) and it could screw up your "in-game" score/not give you credit, but the stats the server was running would catch it. But that's a completely different thing than actually disco'ing from the server, what we are talking about here.

And the only thing I can say, is looking at the logs, many people are constantly crashing out all the time from MP. So I don't think, or should I say hope, that many people are worried about their online stats at this stage in the game. I think we should worry about that sort of think after we have some sort of stability/progress.
Spot on Bliss ole mate. I agree with you. Very well said.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Langnasen

Quote:
Since you obviously have no idea what the script is for, I'll enlighten you. Since the server runs dusk till dawn with many different people flying all times the of the day, if you didn't have some sort of script there to remove the planes the airfields would be littered with fireballs and wrecks to where you couldn't take off from.

If you can come up with a script in C#, by all means show it to me, until then you can keep your sarcasm to yourself. But just because you don't have a clue how server's missions are being run, doesn't mean you start a thread calling everyone a bunch of pussies.

And if you read my post, the only thing I'm accusing you of is not knowing what you are talking about. Which is obviously true.
WTF? Dead planes don't automatically vanish after a few minutes on the deck?!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
I hereby request the implementation of what we have in Rise of Flight, and online option:

"FINISH LANDED ONLY"

If this is enabled on the server, one can only respawn if he gets back to the ground, one way or another. Since the MP servers are full of pussies who press "exit" as soon as they're losing the fight, the whole CloD MP is bollocks. It's no fun, it wouldn't be even if it didn't stutter and shimmer like hell.

Oh, and in RoF, if someone just disconnects, the kill goes to the attacker anyway.
One ABSOLUTE +1!!!!!

Winger
Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM
BigPickle

@ SNY Bliss - You cant blame him for thinking it as its a MP tactic some people do alot of sadly in the FS community.

Plus why is talking about RoF and using it as a reference? this is the CoD forum and RoF is far from perfect, they are two completely different games.
I like RoF dont get me wrong but who really wants CoD to go down the same tiny payware route? i dont mind paying for addons but not each aircraft, i think all RoF talk should be kept to a minimum anyway because it will always be off topic and the wrong forum and out of respect to the guys trying to make this game, after all thats why we are on this forum.

Last edited by BigPickle; 05-11-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

I would like to have an AI take over the plane, when a player exists or disconnects. That would be an elegant solution for the immersion factor.

I guess in a perfect world, Luthier will provide such a script.