Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
602Sqn.McLean

Wow Syn Bliss that was a bit rough mate. I don't get into these arguments much but I couldn't help myself this time. I've been flying since the start and hated people exiting the game when I was getting the better of them.
If I was shot to pieces I would, and still do allow the plane to crash before I left to get another plane. I just thought it added to the realism.
If I saw someone exit with a couple of shots in them I would call them way worse than 'pussies'.
I reckon it's a valid point to have the plane crash before you can exit sounds like a great idea.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean View Post
Wow Syn Bliss that was a bit rough mate. I don't get into these arguments much but I couldn't help myself this time. I've been flying since the start and hated people exiting the game when I was getting the better of them.
If I was shot to pieces I would, and still do allow the plane to crash before I left to get another plane. I just thought it added to the realism.
If I saw someone exit with a couple of shots in them I would call them way worse than 'pussies'.
I reckon it's a valid point to have the plane crash before you can exit sounds like a great idea.
Completely agree with your first point and your last
Surely a script could be created that would let the a/c crash into the ground (if the pilot quits for example) the crashed a/c would then stay in the game for a further 20-30 seconds before it [and the smoke] disappears.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Some people apparently enjoy making an ass of themselves on an internet forum. Everytime I see your posts Bliss, the only thing I can do is shake my head. Not sharing the same opinion does in no way give you the right to start throw about insult and personal attacks. There's better ways to enlighten the lesser knowledgable on the subject than that.

Having said that, the script you are running is a decent idea to bypass one of the game's shortcomings, however adds some problems (since I have only seen it on SYN): when a player bails out, his plane immediately disappears, not only denying players well earned kills (minor issue) but also totally killing the immersion. I have seen the problems of abandond a/c blocking takeoffs and in massive numbers even causing a performance hit for some people, but getting rid of them alltogether immediately seems too much.

Can that script be altered to a point where it is timer based i.e. despawn an a/c without human pilot after 60/90/x seconds rather than having them vanish immediately?

Back OT, Reflected has a valid point as exiting when loosing a fight is nothing more than using a cheap exploit in the game dynamics.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Some people apparently enjoy making an ass of themselves on an internet forum. Everytime I see your posts Bliss, the only thing I can do is shake my head. Not sharing the same opinion does in no way give you the right to start throw about insult and personal attacks. There's better ways to enlighten the lesser knowledgable on the subject than that.
Apparently he thinks he's special.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Huetz View Post

Having said that, the script you are running is a decent idea to bypass one of the game's shortcomings, however adds some problems (since I have only seen it on SYN): when a player bails out, his plane immediately disappears, not only denying players well earned kills (minor issue) but also totally killing the immersion. I have seen the problems of abandond a/c blocking takeoffs and in massive numbers even causing a performance hit for some people, but getting rid of them alltogether immediately seems too much.

Can that script be altered to a point where it is timer based i.e. despawn an a/c without human pilot after 60/90/x seconds rather than having them vanish immediately?

Back OT, Reflected has a valid point as exiting when loosing a fight is nothing more than using a cheap exploit in the game dynamics.
Wait a minute here. So he starts calling everyone that's disappearing a pussy, based on the only thing we know to do right now to keep a server up for other's to enjoy, and you are bad mouthing me, because he had no idea that we were doing it? So I explained to him exactly what he didn't know. Sorry if my tone was off, but everything I've stated has already been posted in the MP section if anyone would happen to spend time reading it. So the idea that he wants in the game IS ALREADY THERE, it just isn't working properly.

The finish only option if you want to call it that, has been around in IL2 5 years before ROF was even released. So very sorry to try to make the server run for the majority of the day without having to baby sit it.

As I said earlier, go ahead and script me something in C# and I'll gladly put it up there. And guess what, we've spent hours trying to figure out how to make the script work properly. So thanks for the pointers. Sorry for trying to provide a service for people to fly on. Put up your own server if you thinks it's in any way easy.

And huetz, I'm not here to fill the forums with smiley's. I'm brutally honest. You can shake your head all you want, but your team is some of the biggest online whiners ever to hit ROF. (You can't even imagine the head shaking done when we see all the gripes about missions/being shot down, Para flat out yelling at everyone, etc. etc. everytime your group joins the server). So you shaking your head at me, is kinda laughable. Maybe I should put up some server chat logs to show just how kind, never yelling, or insulting squad. Yep, I think that's a good idea. People think wow about my post, you should see who he runs with.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Hellequins are gay.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

I'm sorry Bliss, I was under the impression that even you can work on your attitude, I was wrong. I admire your persistent will to show off a toughboy image on an internet forum. Shows a lot of your personality too.

Btw, keep the name of my squadron in RoF out of your mouth, my squadmate in question has a way of speaking the truth, even if it might not be the best at times. Calling him out for yelling at people everytime he joins a servers is a flat out lie too.

Now go ahead and make up stuff and feed your ego about being the MP savior by hosting an online server, you sir, are a disgrace and not even worth arguing with.

Last edited by 609_Huetz; 05-11-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Approved Member

There's nothing wrong with my attitude. And since you are no insulting me for the 2nd time, because you are mad, maybe you need to work on your own..

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
Hellequins are gay.
So what? Do you have a problem with that?

By the way, some of the aircrafts disappeared when I wasn't even firing at them. There's still a remote chance that the pilot had a heart attack and died, which trggered the holy script but I find it highly unlikely

What's more likely is that the pilot was even more yellow than the nose of his plane
Old 05-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

It's more than likely people crashing. Looking at the logs there's all sorts of P2Psteam connection errors and people getting forced out either by steam or by a launcher.exe error. MP is far from running correctly, let alone the game. It's still a bad assumption to make that people are simply disconnecting, when there's many errors that show otherwise.

ATAG Forums + Stats