Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Finish landed only - option

I hereby request the implementation of what we have in Rise of Flight, and online option:

"FINISH LANDED ONLY"

If this is enabled on the server, one can only respawn if he gets back to the ground, one way or another. Since the MP servers are full of pussies who press "exit" as soon as they're losing the fight, the whole CloD MP is bollocks. It's no fun, it wouldn't be even if it didn't stutter and shimmer like hell.

Oh, and in RoF, if someone just disconnects, the kill goes to the attacker anyway.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Dumb idea. People can and will exit the game any time they want. As far as stats (the 3rd party tools we used for IL2) gave the kill if someone does this anyway. Wait until some sort of stats are actually working. In IL2 if a person simply lands, the attacker already gets credit/points if he did damage to the plane

But I don't think you are aware that most servers, including ours, are running a script that makes a player plane disappear/ (destroy) when another pilot has been shot down. That means if you killed a pilot or the other pilot bailed out, his plane disappears almost immediately. And unless you are 100% sure that a person is actually disconnecting (if you remember, the latest beta patch the only way you can exit is with the taskmanager) then I don't think it's quite right calling other people that are online "pussies" in the 1st place.

IL2 online is a hell of a bit different than ROF with it's retarded leaderboard and stats obsession. Please don't try to bring that attitude here.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

All it needs is that that aircraft in question stays in game and acts as if a pilot kill has occured, including awarding a pilot kill to the aggressor.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

It's not a dumb idea, it's a possible solution for an existing problem.

Not dumber than the script that makes enemy planes disappear when pilots are killed.

And accusing me of being a score-whore, leaderboard fan who destroys the fun in RoF and now trying to do the same in CloD is even dumber, and also way out of line.

Last edited by reflected; 05-09-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post

Not dumber than the script that makes enemy planes disappear when pilots are killed.

And accusing me of being a score-whore, leaderboard fan who destroys the fun in RoF and now trying to do the same in CloD is even dumber, and also way out of place.
Agreed, it's an immersion killer and on that basis alone needs to be changed.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

And accusing me of being a score-whore, leaderboard fan who destroys the fun in RoF and now trying to do the same in CloD is even dumber, and also way out of place.
Since you obviously have no idea what the script is for, I'll enlighten you. Since the server runs dusk till dawn with many different people flying all times the of the day, if you didn't have some sort of script there to remove the planes the airfields would be littered with fireballs and wrecks to where you couldn't take off from.

If you can come up with a script in C#, by all means show it to me, until then you can keep your sarcasm to yourself. But just because you don't have a clue how server's missions are being run, doesn't mean you start a thread calling everyone a bunch of pussies.

And if you read my post, the only thing I'm accusing you of is not knowing what you are talking about. Which is obviously true.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, right, whatever
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Dumb idea. People can and will exit the game any time they want.
Of course they can, and will. But their sorry ingame-remnants should, by all means, award a victory in corresponding situations imo.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Dumb idea. People can and will exit the game any time they want. As far as stats (the 3rd party tools we used for IL2) gave the kill if someone does this anyway. ...
You're right, from that viewpoint, that I receive a points in all cases (this less interests). It is an other important viewpoint however that the hostile pilot may do anything without the smallest danger of the dying or capturing now. And I noticed this on myself, without all troubles undertake things like that, that in the old system maybe not.

(And one more thing, although I believe it this does not count as many people: if I fight with somebody, and lose, the least, that I reward his victory with it, that I bailed out. To steal away into an other plane cowardly, that I shoot it boarding then when he fights with my AI for a long time already - this no the style, which it would be necessary to encourage. )

If I know it well, in the realism settings this cannot be turned off, if you can create a plane (what is his basis the dogservers), you may do this any time then. A switch, which may prohibit from this, would be needed.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
If this is enabled on the server, one can only respawn if he gets back to the ground, one way or another. Since the MP servers are full of pussies who press "exit" as soon as they're losing the fight, the whole CloD MP is bollocks. It's no fun, it wouldn't be even if it didn't stutter and shimmer like hell.

Oh, and in RoF, if someone just disconnects, the kill goes to the attacker anyway.
+1 absolutely a must I agree.

I actually managed to connect to a MP game the other week and as soon as I started shooting at a human he quit then re-joined, And I lagged out and stalled and crashed.