Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
OH man, that's a horrible thing to say! Even homosexuals have standards, you know!
I know! I can't help for being hawt dammit!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Jed View Post
Im sure when we get a stale code for mutiplayer that we will have a resolution to this problem. Yes, obviously it is a problem if people disconnect to avoid a "deathstat". As it stands its more likely that ppl are crashing out, testing, losing connection or any other perfectly reasonable reason for leaving the server as opposed to trying to dodge a deathstat that doesnt even exist yet.

Its a bit early to be accusing people of being "pussies"

Mind you....when the code IS sorted I can assure you that I will be screaming at "disco-queens" worse than Parazaine on crack!
You dont have to disconnect you can simply press escape and create a new plane, the server then tells the attacker he has shot down an AI aircraft which in my opion is very poor.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Finish landed only - option

I like this option and as far the more realistic
Old 07-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
You dont have to disconnect you can simply press escape and create a new plane, the server then tells the attacker he has shot down an AI aircraft which in my opion is very poor.
This is probably due to the scripts that despawn aircraft to lessen the strain on the servers. Once you are out of the aircraft (landed and respawing or bailing out) it's turned over to AI control and the script despawns it after an amount of seconds (giving it a chance to crash first so it doesn't disappear mid-air, but not giving it enough time for a well trimmed aircraft with a dead pilot to fly until the the fuel is exhausted, at least that's how it works on Syndicate).

A solution would probably need some rework of the script so that it doesn't allow creating a new aircraft until the previous one is crashed or despawned, keeping the aircraft's "virtual ID" tied to the player who was in the cokpit until the aircraft is removed.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
This is probably due to the scripts that despawn aircraft to lessen the strain on the servers. Once you are out of the aircraft (landed and respawing or bailing out) it's turned over to AI control and the script despawns it after an amount of seconds (giving it a chance to crash first so it doesn't disappear mid-air, but not giving it enough time for a well trimmed aircraft with a dead pilot to fly until the the fuel is exhausted, at least that's how it works on Syndicate).

A solution would probably need some rework of the script so that it doesn't allow creating a new aircraft until the previous one is crashed or despawned, keeping the aircraft's "virtual ID" tied to the player who was in the cokpit until the aircraft is removed.
Surely it would be better to stop people creating new aircraft when they think they are losing a fight?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

What we need is what we had in IL2 which was simple and worked.

A refly button.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
All it needs is that that aircraft in question stays in game and acts as if a pilot kill has occured, including awarding a pilot kill to the aggressor.
That might be the best solution. "X scared Y into having a heard attack!"
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

The refly part should be part of the game, like the old IL2. Sadly this isn't the case anymore.

I do like the scoring system though. There should never be the constant whining over kill stealing. The amount of damage you inflict is the amount of percentage of a kill you get. I've witnessed 5 people all attacking a bomber, climbing and diving (rinse and repeat) without anyone yelling about it. In old IL2, the person that would put his last few bullets was always credited and that caused a bunch of the kill steal mentality.

Thankfully, because of the partial kill percentages that are now tracked. It should be all but eliminated.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Yes Bliss but its one step forward and one step back.
Maybe in the future we can just have the refly button back.