Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: My first and natural choice
Luftwaffe 68 48.23%
RAF 66 46.81%
Regia Aeronautica 7 4.96%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Luftwaffe, ofcourse.
In IL2 days I flew LW for the same reason I always flew the Emire forces in Star Wars games. Also, imo the German machinery is the best in the world. When I buy anything (I mean anything , a blender, trousers, you name it) I always prefer made in DE label. Through the years though I learned so much about the German WWII planes and I grew to love em even more. To add to that they always have fit my style of flying - I don`t really enjoy a T&B fights as much as outsmarting my enemy, attacking him unnoticed.
I must say that the Battle of Britain tempted me a lot. It`s the connection with Polish pilots I wanted to feel. Finally I reserved that for offline, while in online flying I consider myself a very good pilot and supporting the fellow Luftwaffles in online wars is the only natural thing to do. Not to mention hearing from the old LW buddies I haven`t played with since 2007.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

The option trash bin is missing!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

For the Luftwaffe fans. In reality there was not a Luftwaffe anthem in the periode.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Luftwaffe
Old 07-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
Also, imo the German machinery is the best in the world. When I buy anything (I mean anything , a blender, trousers, you name it) I always prefer made in DE label.

Hey Carguy, I sell German machinery, I reckon I should contact you
Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Give me a Squadron of Spitfires
This scene as related by Galland is well documented and certainly had taked place the Aug 25, 1940. The next day all Bf 109 were instructed to flight close to the bombers. Curious, I have never read wich was the reaction or commentary of Mölders after Galland request.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

As an Italian, I chose the Regia Aeronautica just for the BR-20M, as the G.50 is... well, you know what.
But I rather like the Fiat bomber, it seems like a stable and good looking plane.
But most of all, I would like to fly in a CR 42. I guess our pilots really had some guts to go up with those against radar guided Spitfire IIs with a speed difference of about 150 km/h.
It would be also cool to create some early war desert clashes between the Falcos and the Gladiators.

But I admit that I mostly fly for the Royal Air Force: I just love their planes, I always did. I love the quirkiness of the Defiant for example (it should be flyable), or the beauty of the Spitfire, the ruggedness of the Hurricane, the elegance of the Gladiator.

Cheers

Last edited by Rickusty; 07-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.