Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

Forget about the sea color!! the one thing we cant not argue over is the color of the Thames...it has NEVER, NEVER, been the color it is in COD.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
IIRC the actual water in CoD was announced to be not 'final'.......we have to wait!
Just about everything in this game, is not final
Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

I've lived in Kent or near the north east coast one way or another all my life and to say that the sea is this colour or that just doesn't work. It changes dependent on weather conditions and can do that very quickly. its unrealistic to expect the game to do that but there are areas (Thames estuary seems relevant here) that have common characteristics (silty) that could be done better.

I have sat on tops of the Cliffs in Dover on a summer afternoon and the sea was such a vivid shade of blue if it were replicated in the game everyone would call it unreal, go up to Capel le Ferne and its a different colour there and go the few miles down to Folkestone Warren and its deep green. True nature is currently beyond what any game can accurately portray for the time being at least.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Good God, has everybody around here lost all semblance of a sense of humour? Sheesh.
When it comes to people getting picky over colours and saying they are incorrect and being completely in the wrong, then yes, it's beyond a joke.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yep, for true UK coastline water, it needs to be; a) Brown, b) Opaque and c) Full of sewage and industrial effluent.

Believe me, I wish this wasn't true, but uk water isn't a beautiful sapphire turquoise. Ever.
We don't believe you.

Quote:
Good God, has everybody around here lost all semblance of a sense of humour? Sheesh.
Your constant CoD bashing leaves us with one conclusion in your posts unfortunately and none of it points to any humour anymore.

Using the "I was only joking" excuse when your trolling (and others) is uncovered is quite pathetic, its time to say nothing if you have no input other than
misdirecting those that would not know any different.

Here's some pics showing blue and green colours of water in Summer.

Warden, Sheerness, Kent

Brighton, East Sussex

http://tourism.brighton.co.uk/seafro...p?url=Seafront

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 07-22-2011 at 11:06 AM.