Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 07-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

I haven't played that much with the fleet mod, but could someone tell me what type of capital ships there are? So far, I have only seen stone arrows and pirate mastiffs.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivoknis View Post
I haven't played that much with the fleet mod, but could someone tell me what type of capital ships there are? So far, I have only seen stone arrows and pirate mastiffs.
There is also the Linkor Battleship, and I believe the Lion MK1 has a very rare chance of showing up, but I have not looked at the script in awile.

There are, unfortunately, not very many capital ships in this game, and my mod almost uses them all.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Question Latest Version

Is there any chance you can edit your OP with the latest version(s) of this mod? From what I can tell v0.1 BETA on Page 9 and a second missing file are the latest published versions. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

(For the record, I did read every message on all 13 pages on this and a few other modding threads. Great info and was quite interesting. Thanks!)
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Theres a link somewhere in the thread saying dont download the beta and he attached the fixed version. BTW awesome mod Nanaki thanks!!! Finally get to see some big battles lol
Old 08-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

I did find the correct version eventually... though you still need to download the LocData fix for the correct M_carcasses.loc file. I was just curious if there was a newer (or final version) you've completed.

All in all, I love this mod. It adds a lot of flavor to the game and more interactions in a system. Though the spawn rate may be only 10% for fleets or convoys per check it's more like a 60% chance of encountering one or more in any given system.

On side note, the only other mod I'm using at the moment is changing the exp coefficient from 0.1 to 0.2 to ramp up exp gains. With the fleet mod it almost feels like I'm gaining exp too quickly.

Thanks again to the modders on this forum.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Default Cap Scripting

is it possible to make a script to make the corvette buyable? (that big ship that apears when you fly and get ambushed by triad ships)

if yes can some one make a script that will make it buy able at a station like fighter?:confused;

i am a dummy when it goes to scripting

Nanaki your mods are GREAT at last some good battles in space

Last edited by Szpaku; 08-18-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

check here (valky post 3rd from the top) and next page.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Hi, nice mod here, will there be modified mercenary proficiency? Like changing low level fighters in recruit.xml with new things added and defined in ship_description.xml (or something, not sure the name). I managed to fiddle around and got me a squadron of mercenaries-riding butchers for 200k hiring fee.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

I may end up releasing a new version of this mod mainly removing the Azure Stormcrow, which would substantially improve compatability with other mods and would mean a lot less stuff to fit in a zip. The next release will probably be the final version, since I have no other ideas on how to improve this mod, and it seems to be as bug-free as I can get it. Although I do not know about any release dates, between inlaws and my computer breaking down, I have not done much with it yet.

Quote:
is it possible to make a script to make the corvette buyable? (that big ship that apears when you fly and get ambushed by triad ships)
You have to convert it to interceptor form first in carcasses, then you have to make it buyable in the shops, or run a script to spawn one in your inventory.

Quote:
Is there any chance you can edit your OP with the latest version(s) of this mod? From what I can tell v0.1 BETA on Page 9 and a second missing file are the latest published versions. Is this correct? Am I missing something?
The second version will be posted on the front page.

Quote:
Though the spawn rate may be only 10% for fleets or convoys per check it's more like a 60% chance of encountering one or more in any given system.
It runs the spawn check very often, and there are so many random contacts listed that the chances of one spawning are very good. That is why you will see lots of random flights, and even convoys/fleets are not that uncommon. I tried to make sure starsystems were populated just right, not feeling crowded or empty, and I think I succeeded at that.

Quote:
Hi, nice mod here, will there be modified mercenary proficiency? Like changing low level fighters in recruit.xml with new things added and defined in ship_description.xml (or something, not sure the name). I managed to fiddle around and got me a squadron of mercenaries-riding butchers for 200k hiring fee.
The only personal changes I did to my own version of Star Wolves was make mercenaries dirt-cheap, and increase the maximum number of mercs per hiring to 12. But overall, the mercenaries script file is very simple, so I never bothered to release it to the public, figuring that people could change things themselves.

Last edited by Nanaki; 08-23-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

I don't suppose anyone knows how I can remove the Stormcrow MK3 from this mod, or at least from appearing ingame as part of convoys? I like the idea of this mod but I'd like to remove any ships from the game which werent included by default.
Also I thought these spawns were supposed to be around 10-20% chance of happening per system, are you sure this 10-20% isnt per system per gate? I seem to see a convoy spawn pretty much every other system/