Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsMagoo View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Gilly. I'm doing the campaign right now. Then I'll do the single missions. Question: Since I started the campaign and began unlocking things like new aircraft, the Hangar immediately locks up when I go to it which it didn't do before I started the campaign. It locks up to where I have to shut my PS3 off and start everything back up again. It occasionally locks up after I fail a mission as well, but it will let me pull up my menu and choose to restart the mission or quit. Any clues as to what might be causing this? It's kind of frustrating. I can't go in and see any of my new planes I've unlocked. Please help if you can.
To be honest that's a new one on me. I don't know if anyone else has any ideas. Only thing I could think of is are you connected to the PS Network as I'm pretty certain it does link things via the network.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Yup new to IL2, gamertag is Wolf Void add me if ya want.
Playing on GMT zone.
Wanna try out my skills as a pilot.
Hope to see you all soon... (if you are going to add me because of the game il2 sturmovick, please send the brief text "il2" with your FR so i know what game it's for, thanks!)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Void View Post
Yup new to IL2, gamertag is Wolf Void add me if ya want.
Playing on GMT zone.
Wanna try out my skills as a pilot.
Hope to see you all soon... (if you are going to add me because of the game il2 sturmovick, please send the brief text "il2" with your FR so i know what game it's for, thanks!)
Welcome Wolf - Are you on XBox or PS3?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
To be honest that's a new one on me. I don't know if anyone else has any ideas. Only thing I could think of is are you connected to the PS Network as I'm pretty certain it does link things via the network.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Yes, I'm connected to the Playstation Network, but the lockup comes during offline play, I believe. I don't think you have to be connected to the network during the single player modes, do you? Anyway, I'm always signed in automatically to the Playstation Network when I click on my user profile so I don't think that can be an issue...and everything else works fine. I only attempted online play one time and the host quit right as I came in and it kicked me back out. Then I couldn't find another match so I left. I need to complete the campaigns and single missions before I get into online play anyway. Hopefully someone with a PS3 will be able to answer this or maybe the gamemakers will happen to read it.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsMagoo View Post
Yes, I'm connected to the Playstation Network, but the lockup comes during offline play, I believe. I don't think you have to be connected to the network during the single player modes, do you? Anyway, I'm always signed in automatically to the Playstation Network when I click on my user profile so I don't think that can be an issue...and everything else works fine. I only attempted online play one time and the host quit right as I came in and it kicked me back out. Then I couldn't find another match so I left. I need to complete the campaigns and single missions before I get into online play anyway. Hopefully someone with a PS3 will be able to answer this or maybe the gamemakers will happen to read it.
Don't be expecting any help from the Dev's, they've all been sort of silenced by the 505 Gestapo! (Mainly Anton, the lead Dev over BoP who was on and answered our questions from time to time, has been silenced and not heard of since... far as I know. )

Anyway, it sounds like your disk might be corrupted somehow? When I played, I didn't find anything like what you described; and nobody's every said anything as long as I've been here and the game's been out, that it's locked up like you said it does on your disk. So it could be a corrupt disk, your system might not be able to handle it? (Is it a Slim or Fat PS3?) It could be either one of those. And I don't know how you could test it without getting a new disk, or a new system?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Somebody had this problem ages ago (do a search forum for hanger) and I think it was a corrupt save file. create a new user on your ps3 and load the game up see if it freezes. If it does then it's hardware if not it's the save file. You'd need to delete it and start again.

Last edited by winny; 07-30-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo Rich 360 View Post
Welcome Wolf - Are you on XBox or PS3?
Xbox... which is why i said Gamertag and not psn.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Default Hey fellow virtual pilots

Just bought Birds of Prey for the XBox 360 yesterday. Went to check the online play and could not find a single game, getting the error server not available. Did this game flop and they pulled server support already or was I just unlucky last night?

I am no ace but have experience with European Air War and some Aces High. Was hoping to get in to this, was my money wasted on a game no one plays? Does everyone here just add each other as friends and play private matches?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
Just bought Birds of Prey for the XBox 360 yesterday. Went to check the online play and could not find a single game, getting the error server not available. Did this game flop and they pulled server support already or was I just unlucky last night?

I am no ace but have experience with European Air War and some Aces High. Was hoping to get in to this, was my money wasted on a game no one plays? Does everyone here just add each other as friends and play private matches?
No, there are still people playing. You do need to be on at the right time though, which is from around 2200 GMT to catch the europeans and N.Americans online at the same time. Send people you find friend requests so youre more likely to get invited next time if you are online, and so you can see if your friends are in a game and then wait till its finished so you can join their new game when it is available to join. We're always looking for people to join our games.

Oh and that server unavailable message just means nobody is hosting a game that hasn't already started, just keep searching or host your own game to see if anyone else is around.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 07-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, Soviet Ace and Winny. I appreciate the help and the information. I'll try that. Hopefully it's just a corrupt save file. My PS3 works fine with all my other games. I don't have any other game issues.