Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Default What exactly counts as Archers?

I always feel unsure as to what exactly the game counts as "Archers". I don't think it actually counts every unit that has "Archer" in its description.

Obvious ones that are included:

Hunters
Elf Archers
Undead Archers

What about the others? I've had so many items this game which all add a bonus to Archers, that I don't actually have the item slots for them all

I just found a second elven crown along with unlimited hunters, so I've now included the Elven archers (Hunters and the standard) in my force since they don't have bad morale alongside my undead dragons now. (Really love the AoE poison breath, amazing for bringing in Rage.)

I have a bow which adds +20% crit to archers, so unless someone has a better list, I guess I have to take all ranged units one at a time and check if their crit has been raised?

I also have the Elven bow (Full Elven set in fact, with 2 crowns hehe) which gives +15% damage to archers. Now if that works with Cyclops who have the "Archer" attribute, then I know what I'm recruiting next!

Any help with a list of "Archers" appreciated, thanks.

Does Count:

Elven Archers
Hunters
Undead Archers

Doesn't Count:

Cyclops ( )

Last edited by Akimbo; 12-12-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

I know human archers, both types of beholders, goblin archers, and dwarven cannons count.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
I know human archers, both types of beholders, goblin archers, and dwarven cannons count.
lol /facepalm I always forget human archers, maybe because they're pretty awful in the leadership vs. Output ratio.

I was considering trying cannons, but may have morale problems and I've never been keen on goblins. I never knew Beholders counted, I have a stack of Evil Beholders from one of the earlier islands I think. I'll have to try them out. I'll also test and make sure they all count as archers (for sure), then I'll add them to the list if they do, thanks!
Old 12-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

These units have "archer" in their abilities :

Beholder
Bowman
Catapult
Elf
Evil Beholder
Goblin
Hunter
Repair Droid
Royal Thorn
Skeleton Archer
Thorn Hunter
Cyclops

I don't really understand why some (or the majority) of these one shouldn't be affected by skills concerning Archers units. :/
It would be so nice if any developper could reply to your thread.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

All of those SHOULD be effected by any Archer effect. The only exception might be that Beholder class units cannot get the bonus to physical damage that one item provides, as they do not do physical damage.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin-coin le Canapin View Post
These units have "archer" in their abilities :

Beholder
Bowman
Catapult
Elf
Evil Beholder
Goblin
Hunter
Repair Droid
Royal Thorn
Skeleton Archer
Thorn Hunter
Cyclops

I don't really understand why some (or the majority) of these one shouldn't be affected by skills concerning Archers units. :/
It would be so nice if any developper could reply to your thread.
Meh, the only units that seem to actually count as archers are:

Elf Archer
Hunter
Skeleton Archer
Bowman (Human)

Literally the ones with bows, so despite all having the "Archer" ability, most of them don't count.

I'm considering adding zombies to my force (the tougher ones) to see if the "Pass" ability works as I think it does, i.e. will allow my Skeleton Archers another attack on that turn. A bit like having two units of skele archers
Old 12-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, the Pass ability is great!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

What if you have a zombie and a paladin?
You can choose one of your unit to play three times a round?
Maybe 4 with the magic spell ?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

No. Technically, a unit cannot move/attack more than 2 times per fight. When you give a troop an extra move/attack/etc. they have the right to do that in the end of the sub-turn (as if you gave the same troop the order to wait the first time), after everyone else had moved.

This makes it impossible to have a troop act more than twice per battle. There is a small exception to the rule when 2 demon/executioner stacks start hacking at each other, as they may go on until one of them is destroyed. Another exception to the rule is the Gorguanas, who have a significant chance to get an extra attack if the stack just scored a killing hit. As such, a gorguana can get a lot of moves in one turn as well (limited by the number of enemy stacks currently on the battlefield).

EDIT: I checked the russian guide in an attempt to bring some clarity to the discussion here

If we're talking about Trigger, these are the units he affects:
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Cannoneer, Catapult Goblin, Elf, Hunter, Goblin, Royal Thorn, Thorn Hunter, Alchemist, Repair Droid, Cyclops, Beholder, Evil eyes.

If we're talking about Self-loading crossbow/Arbator it affects:
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Elf, Hunter

If we're talking about the Telescopic sight, these are the units it affects:
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Cannoneer, Catapult Goblin, Elf, Hunter, Goblin.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 12-14-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
No. Technically, a unit cannot move/attack more than 2 times per fight. When you give a troop an extra move/attack/etc. they have the right to do that in the end of the sub-turn (as if you gave the same troop the order to wait the first time), after everyone else had moved.

This makes it impossible to have a troop act more than twice per battle. There is a small exception to the rule when 2 demon/executioner stacks start hacking at each other, as they may go on until one of them is destroyed. Another exception to the rule is the Gorguanas, who have a significant chance to get an extra attack if the stack just scored a killing hit. As such, a gorguana can get a lot of moves in one turn as well (limited by the number of enemy stacks currently on the battlefield).

EDIT: I checked the russian guide in an attempt to bring some clarity to the discussion here

If we're talking about Trigger, these are the units he affects:
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Cannoneer, Catapult Goblin, Elf, Hunter, Goblin, Royal Thorn, Thorn Hunter, Alchemist, Repair Droid, Cyclops, Beholder, Evil eyes.

If we're talking about Self-loading crossbow/Arbator it affects:
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Elf, Hunter

If we're talking about the Telescopic sight, these are the units it affects:
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Cannoneer, Catapult Goblin, Elf, Hunter, Goblin.
Yeah as I figured, most of the items for "Archers" are literally the only ones with bows on the model. A shame, but oh well.