Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > GEM Editor

GEM Editor All information about MoW map editor

Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

How can I rotate the map cam in the map editor?

Last edited by Grunt kid; 04-15-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

Rotate cam? Did you hit new and make a new map? If so, then you have to save your map first then it will let you rotate the camera as normal using the middle mouse button.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Registered Member

how do u make a combat mode map i have the map set up but dont know how to put the mission or spawn point <im using waypoint or spawn point but doesnt make the combat.mi file> HELP
Old 06-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuko View Post
how do u make a combat mode map i have the map set up but dont know how to put the mission or spawn point <im using waypoint or spawn point but doesnt make the combat.mi file> HELP
Did you save your map as

combat.mi in the MULTI section of the save file list in the editor?

If so, you want to know how tomake a combat map? Simply load up another Combat map already in game...then go to the edge of the map and find the spawn point markers..I believe the are the purple arrows on the board edge...take notes as to how they are written in the panel on the right..at hte bottom there is a list like

team A
spawn a1

then a bit further down there is another little part with something in ti...simply copy that method and you should end up like on a 4 player map

Team A
Spawn A1

Team A
Spawn A2

then you go to the other side or w/e you want to put Team B and put

Team B
Spawn B2

Team B
Spawn B2

Or however the game has it written..ive not made map in awhile and didnt remember the way to set it up exactly but go to an already made combat and take notes. (To find those spawn arrows you can type in "Spawn" at the bottom or something and it should take you to the spawn point arrows in the list) You dont need waypoints for MP Combat.

Also, if you need the game to recognize your map go into Localization/missions.lng

In there is a list of all the Mutliplayer maps in game...go to the bottom and follow suit, but smply put your map at the bottom of that list. Make sure to use the file name for your map and put it in lower case..the game likes lowercase for some reason...then the part just below it you can put your map name as you want to see it in the map list in game

I forget just how it looks but for me its something like

{
{"erlenberg"}
{"Erlenberg"}
{
{"smoldering_steel"}
{Smoldering Steel"}
{

Hope that helps a bit..ive not been in the editor for awhile and alot of that stuff I do a memory dump on until im back in the editor lol.

Last edited by KnightFandragon; 06-23-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

i figure it out but is there a way how to make the map bigger then 500x500 i tried to edit the file and i think it will blow up my game so help :3 and thx for the answer
Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered Member

Default How to activate medic

I was wondering how to activate medic when creating maps. i know you can go to each unit and select (ability's > persons(something like that)) but the problem is the people are ALWAYS revivable, I want them to die after a certain amount of time not being revived, like MOW assault squad. I would also like if something killed them like an explosion or something fatal that they skip revive and go straight to complete death. Please help!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuko View Post
i figure it out but is there a way how to make the map bigger then 500x500 i tried to edit the file and i think it will blow up my game so help :3 and thx for the answer
I opened up a 1000x1000 map. Just by manually inputting the number instead of choosing among the list. So; it is possible. Takes substantially longer to open a 1000x1000 map though.

- Can someone post a step-by-step tutorial on making Skirmish flags that work? It's the only thing that I don't quite understand.

Last edited by WarSnake; 08-04-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Added request...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Default Mission ending

Hi, i'm having a problem ending the mission, what i've made, basiclly the only task is to eliminate all enemy AI's on the map, when the AI is only infantry and eliminated then the mission will end, but when the enemy has vehicles or tanks, it won't end:S Perhaps i've made a mistake, if i have then correct me please...

F3-Triggers-Condition field- +enities-
mode = work
source = standart
mids = (empty)
tag = (empty)
zone = (empty)
player = (the player, that i wan't to be eliminated on the map ex. Player 1)
relation = -
type = human (What the type has to be? When i wan't vehicles to be destroyed as well as humans)
state = not dead
count = (==)
value = 0

I basiclly want the mission to end, when all enemy AI are eliminated on the map, that includes enemy vehicles, but when i put them on the map, i kill all the enemy AI, including tanks and other vehicles, the map simply won't end
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

Hornet'sNest

Did you hit F9 and go under tasks, right click, new task and make that?

below the condition, you made for the entity, did you make a command

delay: 0.2
task: killallenemy then set to complete

Then make another trigger, name it "gameend" or victory, doesnt matter. But in there yoiu have to make a condition,

Task:
work
killallenemy(task name)
complete

then down in the commands, make a command that is

delay: 2
gameover: win and your victory message if you make one.

The game should end once all the Game end is in place and what not.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Registered Member

Many thanks for the help KnightFandragon!