Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-06-2015, 06:10 AM
71st_Mastiff

unable to download, I get none founded. all 3 site unable to down load states there is nothing there.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

Last edited by GF_Mastiff; 06-06-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Definitely some nice AI improvements that aren't advertised in the patch.

* AI fighters vs. bombers now doesn't suck, and AI fighters actually make some intelligent attacks.

* As far as I can tell, bombers hold formation until the formation gets badly shot up.

* Ace AI gunners are now formidable, but not unbeatable. They're not too dangerous until you get close, but they will rip you to shreds at close ranges especially if you don't keep your speed up, and if you don't maneuver to make yourself a tough target.

* AI gunners don't fire during high-G maneuvers anymore.

I set up a QMB mission with 4 Ace P-40E vs. 16 Ace Wellington III and set my plane to autopilot. Arcade mode on.

On the first pass, the entire flight maneuvered to take the Wellington III flight at the right end of the usual "line abreast" formation, and my AI pilot made a lovely head-on pass from 12 o'clock high shot at the trailing bomber in the flight. Right out of the textbook!

The P-40 flight then maneuvered for shots from the flank against the same section of Wellingtons, jinking and weaving as they flew in to avoid fire and then making shallow "pursuit curve" attacks from 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock level.

The historically laser-like Wellington tail gunners started opening up at 700 meters (a bit long), but their fire was mostly inaccurate until about 100 meters out, and they had trouble keeping their sights on the quickly rolling P-40s. So, that's a sign that AI gunnery has been toned down.

Most of the flight made it, but my plane got bracketed by two of the Wellingtons at 100 meters or less. With dozens of bullets in the engine, it developed a huge coolant leak and the engine instantly died. But . . . NO FIRE or giant clouds of smoke. So, definitely a DM upgrade for the P-40!

The rest of the flight disenaged smartly and continued to attack, making high and level rear quarter attacks against the remaining Wellies in the flight until they were all shot down. They then turned their attention to the second flight and began to massacre them using very aggressive and fairly intelligent attacks.

Lots of good maneuvering using the P-40's superior roll, and lots of diving attacks from "high rear" just high enough to stay out of the cone of the Wellington tail gunner's guns.

I watched one P-40 follow an isolated Wellington into a half loop (!), following it at 6 o'clock high/level, and noticed that there was no defensive fire. Presumably the gunners were stuck to the bomber's roof by g-forces. If that's so, then another nice improvement.

Net result was 3 P-40's steaming from coolant leaks, 2 badly shot up enough that they had to crash land, with one returning to base, and one lucky survivor. 8 Wellingtons shot down out of a squadron of 16. Not bad for an ace vs. ace AI QMB mission.

The P-40 series is now officially the rugged warbird that it was always meant to be. Now let's see if they've fixed the DM for the P-39 series!
Old 06-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Approved Member

Thank you!
What a wonderful surprise on a saturday morning!
Old 06-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
unable to download, I get none founded. all 3 site unable to down load states there is nothing there.

try this ...

DS
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5WFA/4renxn8DA

INT
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6f19/icAM4EYDm

RU
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/qNMw/GyEbjTHVA

Old 06-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

I haven't been to the banana forum for a year, but I had to log in to say thanks to TD! You guys are amazing!

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway
Old 06-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Outstanding! Phenomenal! Glorious!

Thank you All in Team Daidalos for your hard work in the past years for refining and adding free content of quality to the grand old Il-2!

Bravo!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Default FMB scrolling between cheifs?

hi, how do you scroll between cheifs in the fmb, i see the arrows but cant go from above or below item picked except as of usua method of the vertical scroll, also, fmb camoflage to world, tired a opel blitz truck on a desert map and its still in panzer grey etc, any tutorials/ideas??
Old 06-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

It doesnt work either for me...
Old 06-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

You knew this would be the first bird I tried...

Love the new P 40s. Love the look, love the corrected roll rates, love it all.

Thanks Macwan for the great new model, Team Pacific for the wonderful NGNB map, Monguse and Buster for the beautiful B 24 and DT for keeping the best WW2 combat flight sim alive for us.

Next stop... B 24.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macwan View Post
It doesnt work either for me...

INT
https://yadi.sk/d/v9RIJX-4h7aDc

DS
https://yadi.sk/d/CW8Pk-7xh7aDi

How about this?