Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

There's a few Il2FB RAF campaigns with new voices by a chap whose name escapes me. All a bit on the 'chatty' side if my memory serves - I'll delve about.

Edit: Here you go - Compans put a lot of work into four campaigns - including new voice packs for each one.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3090

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=2883

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3191

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3340

Caution! Colourful language.

Last edited by Low Flyer; 01-20-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Not working for me.

All i get are 258 snd-files of totalling 10MB and 2 .str files.
The result after conversion into wav or ogg files are 258 files each with 10 miliseconds crap.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Low Flyer, I believe Compans speech is what Feathered used for this pack (that is surprising he did new voice packs for each one!)

Feathered, thanks for the explanation. I just installed eaw on my system, I'm going to mess around today and try to extract the speech files to see how they sound.

Funny I was just at that eaw site yesterday trying to find an old campaign/add-on that I remembered had some pretty good RAF voices. It's called "great shot" I think, maybe I'll try and install that too and see what I can find.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastel View Post
The result after conversion into wav or ogg files are 258 files each with 10 miliseconds crap.
I did the same conversion and have audible voices for RAF, e.g. "Bug out, behind you".
Same for German voices, audible - but intelligible, as expected. e.g "In postione, *****!"

The only drawnback is the free converter allow convert only 5 files per time.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 01-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

In my view, this voice pack has actually upgraded the sim for me.

The old stock voices were driving me bonkers.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Well I managed to extract the speech files from my installed EAW, but can't get them to play for the life of me (let alone convert them to another kind of file).

They're ".SND" files, and I tried a few different converters over the last few hours with no luck (including dBpoweramp).

There are about 800-900 files each for the US, UK, and Germany.

I also found and installed that 'great shot' campaign, which has over 500 additional UK files. Unfortunately, they're .SND files also, which is a particular bummer as I remember that addon really having some great immersive radio chatter.

The files are small, so if anyone would like to take a crack I could always email them.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Jspec01

You try with the program (Switch Sound File Converter) linked Feathered_IV few posts bellow?

I was able to convert the .SFS files - donwloaded EAWSSS - to .OGG per F'_IV instructions.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec01 View Post
Low Flyer, I believe Compans speech is what Feathered used for this pack (that is surprising he did new voice packs for each one!)
Note to self: Don't post after long night shift.

Just a thought...any voice pack is going to get repetative, would there be a way to have random playback options for the same incident in certain circumstances? Or am I thinking too far ahead of current technology?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Jspec01

You try with the program (Switch Sound File Converter) linked Feathered_IV few posts bellow?

I was able to convert the .SFS files - donwloaded EAWSSS - to .OGG per F'_IV instructions.

Sokol1
thanks! I can't believe I missed that post. Just tried converting one using his instructions and it worked.

Well I listened to a bunch of the UK files from that EAW campaign and they're really great.

Converting them 5 at a time would be quite a chore (there are 576 of them) but what's more daunting is that they're named 'UK3_011, UK3_12, etc' so I'm guessing you'd have to listen to all of them, then rename each file with the text of the speech from Cliffs that it's replacing? Seems like there are wingman voices so that's another aspect as well....

Last edited by jspec01; 01-21-2014 at 05:18 AM. Reason: had more to say
Old 01-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Flyer View Post
Note to self: Don't post after long night shift.

Just a thought... would there be a way to have random playback options for the same incident in certain circumstances?
Ha! I didn't want to be the one to tell ya.

I reckon a randomiser may well be possible. I always thought Il-2 could use one. For CloD, the need is rather dire.

Il-2 had a file that governed the particular speech file that got player for a given event. For example:

Aircraft destroyed > I'm_bailing_out.wav

I remember some parts of the game had a built-in randomiser when the ";" semicolon was used. Campaigns, both Dgen and static used this.

Mission1.mis; Mission2.mis; Mission3;mis etc. If one of the missions listed wasn't there it just skipped it and went to the next one.

Some similar modification to the way sound files play would be great. Each event having a string of possible sound files: I'm_bailing_out.wav; I'm_bailing_out2.wav etc. the programming would be a TF thing of course. A silent placeholder sample for each one would let mugs like us come along after and add new samples. Well... One can dream!