Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Question What "New and Improved" feature are you most looking forward to?

Now that many of the details about Birds of Steel have been revealed, which are the ones that you folks are looking forward to the most? I'm sorta curious as to what everyone's priorities are in a flight game.

For me it's gotta be:

1) Better flight stick support for Xbox, that deadzone drives me nuts (I'm with Crash on this one)
2) More realistic flight physics.
3) Better online multiplayer. I might even renew my Xbox Gold membership if they get this one right

What y'all think?

Still patiently waiting for Birds of Steel.....
Old 01-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

More planes
Hopefully customizable skins
And destroying all the noobs the first few weeks lol
Old 01-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

with you lion on all 3 of yours.
want the flight stick to work as it should...dial out the dead zone to your taste.

like mave, hopefully fully customizable skins...

all the planes to fly as they should

the new and different planes

cockpits hopefully in all of them...
Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

New multiplayer modes with more host options and objectives, enhanced flight models, and never ever having to again say "WTH! How was that a frickking crash?" when I shoot someone down (Or someone shoots me down).

Oh and of course the MOSQUITO!

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

Also hate the crashing. Not a big fan of making the host able to set a ton of restrictions though I see where it could be useful but I for see it becoming I'm gonna restrict all the planes that can beat the one I'm using and set every little setting to where it gives me the biggest advantage. it could be fun for some but I think most players won't bother entering a match if they see cockpit only no HUD no anything no this plane no that plane and I prey the host won't be able to kick players when I play with a good group it's fine but there are a lot of times I enter a room and half the players drop out no doubt i would be kicked for nothing a lot or the constant host has quit the game I would like to see it so either the host can't quit or it doesn't dump the game
Old 01-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Approved Member

I'm mainly hoping for a better online experience. I realize we're limited by the actual amount of people playing, but creating or joining a match hoping someone would come along and be playing at the same time was a pain.

Improved flight physics are also a big deal because I really want to enjoy the P-51, but in BoP it's just a nightmare.

Other things mentioned here follow... the new planes (especially the P-38.), better flight stick support, customizable nose art, different paint schemes for the aircraft, cockpits in the Axis fighters.

Last edited by CrashLanding; 01-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
.... never ever having to again say "WTH! How was that a frickking crash?" when I shoot someone down (Or someone shoots me down).
YEAH that is big one! peppering someone's @$$ and having fly away fat, dump, and happy while you get one stinking hit and bite it!! <<< hopefully that has changed. If you get hit..it should register in some way....either show up as a red plane ( part), feel the vibration, or.....whatever.... but not be a big surprise.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

The Hurricane having a Merlin engine

Not the same cessna one it has in BoP.

What i really want is to see how the co op element works, it has great potential. But... i fear it will be much like Apache Air Assault. Time will tell.

Generally just really looking forward to this game.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

simple things make me happy.plane restrictions for tournaments and historic matches are important.spending 10 minutes in a lobby sorting planes and teams only to have someone join and not realize what we are trying to do is annoying.if they cant fix the crash kill problem at least have a better tdm scoring system.and i would love to change my planes settings before a match starts
Old 01-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
simple things make me happy.plane restrictions for tournaments and historic matches are important.spending 10 minutes in a lobby sorting planes and teams only to have someone join and not realize what we are trying to do is annoying.if they cant fix the crash kill problem at least have a better tdm scoring system.and i would love to change my planes settings before a match starts
What i would like is the ability to change plane/loadouts whilst in game, when you die. Much like any other game.

Nothing worse than playing CTA and having the wrong plane for the job and wanting to switch halfway through.

Maybe just me who thinks like this though.