Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

im all for it, id love the option to switch between tank killing belting and anti air belting (well not really but whatever they used vs planes)

the only way im for any loadout options is if it is strictly limited to realistically used belts or if no records exist to at least plausable belting that is based upon some guesswork

as much as options are welcome i really dont want to see unrealistic loadouts like in CloD where i will say the few times i have flewn i will never forget the nut who decided to put different colored tracers (only tracers) in his spitfire, imn pretty sure this was unrealistic

anyways if pilots were actually given any more then a few options for certain missions then i will welcome complete customization but i just dont want to see loadouts that make realism fall out the door

that said id welcome and use tracerless loadouts, ofc i dont have much if any knowledge of if such loadouts were ever used irl, but if they are id use em as tracers do one thing only, give away my position if i manage to completely miss a shot. still i have never heard of tracerless belting actually being used in ww2, so unless it was used in actual war i do not want to see it as an option unless some difficulty option allows forcing realistic loadouts only

otherwise i support this idea assuming it does not take so much effort as to take away from the new planes and effects that are in development, not exactly a priority but a welcome addition to the game
Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer1b View Post
im all for it, id love the option to switch between tank killing belting and anti air belting (well not really but whatever they used vs planes)

the only way im for any loadout options is if it is strictly limited to realistically used belts or if no records exist to at least plausable belting that is based upon some guesswork

as much as options are welcome i really dont want to see unrealistic loadouts like in CloD where i will say the few times i have flewn i will never forget the nut who decided to put different colored tracers (only tracers) in his spitfire, imn pretty sure this was unrealistic

anyways if pilots were actually given any more then a few options for certain missions then i will welcome complete customization but i just dont want to see loadouts that make realism fall out the door

that said id welcome and use tracerless loadouts, ofc i dont have much if any knowledge of if such loadouts were ever used irl, but if they are id use em as tracers do one thing only, give away my position if i manage to completely miss a shot. still i have never heard of tracerless belting actually being used in ww2, so unless it was used in actual war i do not want to see it as an option unless some difficulty option allows forcing realistic loadouts only

otherwise i support this idea assuming it does not take so much effort as to take away from the new planes and effects that are in development, not exactly a priority but a welcome addition to the game
At least a few pilots in the USAAF in Europe, if not a whole squadron, used tracerless beltings from what I've read. I can't remember the group right now...

Historical beltings would be my preferred method for sure. Getting the beltings right would also likely mean fixing up some missing weapons and possibly a lot of research required to get it right. Not a bad thing persay...but not easy!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
At least a few pilots in the USAAF in Europe, if not a whole squadron, used tracerless beltings from what I've read. I can't remember the group right now...

Historical beltings would be my preferred method for sure. Getting the beltings right would also likely mean fixing up some missing weapons and possibly a lot of research required to get it right. Not a bad thing persay...but not easy!
the only downside as you mentioned would be research

CloD sortof skipped this by giving one default "historic" belt and then just threw in a custom belting option

personally id put priority into adding optional tank killing loadouts to the planes which had at least some anti tank combat. many have them as defaults but most if not all fighterbombers do not have any anti-tank options. althoufgh its a mod the hurricane type D with the 40mm Ap or 40mm HE loadout would be preferred but for every plane that has a dedicated anti tank role

again i do fly the fw190 almost exclusively so thats why im complaining as the 151s just do not have enough AP rounds, and i am pretty sure those planes did have dedicated AT loadouts in belting, which would be great especially if you could set it to either wing guns or centerline 151s, leaving rest in a emergency against plane

the mk103s also were mostly used against armor if i am correct, so those could use some AP only belts...

otherwise its just wishful thinking, given that it would take a massive overhaul of the game engine, and also anything customizeable has potential online balance issues (such as for example a all minengross belt being extremely lethal even moreso then most other weapons due to the sheer explosive output, which was btw the main rerason the 151/20 was a very good gun, not really velocity nor rof but the fact they had the MG shells which made up for the other shortcomings of the cannon)

still now that i think of custom belting im so going to use tracerless incendiary rounds

i mean please dont tell me you dont love the sight of someone being helplessly burned alive
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Some, like the .50cal, recently received changes to the belting.
what strange, i never saw any impressions or comments about these new belts, ie now better, or what...

and, by the way, in last patch for warthunder was realised ammobelting and lot of different shells... i read a little, well, if not mistaken, not bad but without free choice, only "optimized belts" ie aa/ag/without tracers... and, in fact, it's almost what we written here...
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
what strange, i never saw any impressions or comments about these new belts, ie now better, or what...

and, by the way, in last patch for warthunder was realised ammobelting and lot of different shells... i read a little, well, if not mistaken, not bad but without free choice, only "optimized belts" ie aa/ag/without tracers... and, in fact, it's almost what we written here...
It was definitely changed. It's in the patch notes and if you set Arcade=1 for the hit arrow information you can clearly see the difference between 4.10 and 4.11.

The effect is negligible although some claim it made a big difference. I always thought they were fine... so....
Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The effect is negligible although some claim it made a big difference. I always thought they were fine... so....
hmm, ok, i expected something like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer1b View Post
the only downside as you mentioned would be research
oh, yes, i try some last days find more full information about shells for shvak, on russian, well, in addition to this famous page - by the way, who read full version? - i found only several fragmentary references what, of course, not enough... developer who did this work for WT, apparently, how i understood, use what we have or just not writes about sources... well, something like this, at this moment...
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

I was just going to make a thread concerning this when I saw this thread already. It would be great if we could choose our belting for ammo. Monguse and I have fought for this idea for probably 8 years. We have pictures showing 56th belting on jugs of API, API, API, API, apit . I would love to have this belting on my 8 50's on my jugs.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

about the 50 belting change i say i dont really see a huge change

in my experience ur slightly better off against armored stuff and i thing it gets better penetration, but again not much if anything

im not 100% sure but i think the old belt modeled .50 HE shells, which if they even existed in large numbers were rarely if ever used in actual combat as a 12.7mm round just doesnt have enough space to make bothering with HE and all its fuzing/complexity just a waste of resources as the explosive would be marginally if any bit more effective. Now i think the belting must have added incendiarys as i do seem to ignite stuff a tad more, but again not much more, maybee less wings ripped off with the new belt, but still happens.

then again it may be just my experience being greater now as i seem to be able to maintain longer sustained fire on a target, but i will say the 50cals are a hell of a lot better then before i really gave them a chance, i still might not fear them in a fw190, but they defenetely are good when used right (and ofc i get lucky)...