Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Ships Damage Resistance

Guys! Does anyone know how many bombs or torpedoes all the ships need to be destroyed?
I mean something like this:

Carrier: 5 Torpedoes / 8 Bombs
Destroyer: --- bla bla bla
Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

In my experience 4 Italian torps can knock out the Illustrious, but possibly not all carriers are the same, just as not all warheads do the same damage (it's quite obvious with bombs).
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

There are different resistance of moving and standing ships I think.
Moving ships are much more vulnerable

Last edited by Pershing; 11-13-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Yeap! Thank you!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
Guys! Does anyone know how many bombs or torpedoes all the ships need to be destroyed?
I mean something like this:

Carrier: 5 Torpedoes / 8 Bombs
Destroyer: --- bla bla bla
destroyer 500 kg of bombs
carrier 1250 kg of bombs(IIRC)

damage is cumulative - so 10 100kg bombs will do the same damage as 1 1000 kg bomb. 1000lbs of bombs is equal to 500 kg.
To get above results, hits need to be in the first or last few metres of the bow or stern, and all need to be either on the port or starboard side. Ships have compartments, that are treated individually when damaged. Other compartments than first or last one are tougher, and require somewhat more ooomph. I think destroyers have four compartments, and carriers more, and it makes a difference if a compartment gets hit from two bombs/torpedoes on the same side or two from opposite sides -at least for carriers.

And I do not think moving ships are weaker than standing ones, but I've never really tested that for bigger ones, but for destroyers I'm sure.

Last edited by majorfailure; 11-13-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Does anyone positively know whether the bomb type (e.g. AB, PC, SC, etc) makes a difference? Theoretically it should.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
destroyer 500 kg of bombs
carrier 1250 kg of bombs(IIRC)

damage is cumulative - so 10 100kg bombs will do the same damage as 1 1000 kg bomb. 1000lbs of bombs is equal to 500 kg.
To get above results, hits need to be in the first or last few metres of the bow or stern, and all need to be either on the port or starboard side. Ships have compartments, that are treated individually when damaged. Other compartments than first or last one are tougher, and require somewhat more ooomph. I think destroyers have four compartments, and carriers more, and it makes a difference if a compartment gets hit from two bombs/torpedoes on the same side or two from opposite sides -at least for carriers.

And I do not think moving ships are weaker than standing ones, but I've never really tested that for bigger ones, but for destroyers I'm sure.
Thanks for your detailed answer, I understood the cumulative Kg bombs, for torpedoes?