Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Question IL2 1946 with Saitek X45

Hey there

I recently got a Saitek X45 but I'm having a few issues getting it setup right. My copy of IL2 1946 is patched to v4.10.1 and I'm running DBW v1.71 + TFM and I haven't installed the Saitek programming software, just the drivers.

It's mainly getting the curves within IL2 1946 set properly. I've tried the IL2 joy control app to see if that helps with the problem, but that just tells me that not all joysticks are installed and then closes.
I have no deadzones set either in IL2 1946 or the Windows control panel and I've properly calibrated the stick.

The 2 rotaries on the throttle handle (which I've mapped as aileron and elevator trim), and the aileron and elevator axis all have a similar issue - default curves aren't sensitive enough and there is a deadzone in the early part of movement, and if I set the curves to max values the elevator and aileron axis and both rotaries are too sensitive.

I've tried a mid point, setting the 1st curve value to 50 and working up in increments of 5. But that's not all that good either.

Movement all seems fine when looking at the input options within IL2 1946, it's only when I go to fly a plane (currently the F4U Corsair) I notice the lack of sensitivity or over sensitivity and I end up spending all my time correcting, especially if I try trimming.

Would anyone have any resolution to this?

TIA

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-26-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Morpheus View Post
Hey there

I recently got a Saitek X45 but I'm having a few issues getting it setup right. My copy of IL2 1946 is patched to v4.10.1 and I'm running DBW v1.71 + TFM and I haven't installed the Saitek programming software, just the drivers.
Good decision, but I will point out that the saitek drivers are a PITA too, I could go into great detail here, but someone ( Stryker7 ) has already made several posts in the thread at M4T, where all of the reasons were described as to why someone, actually anyone with an X45 would still want to use the alternate drivers.

Alternative ? Yeah, a guy known as Dhauzimmer wrote drivers for the X36, which also worked with the X45, and he even upgraded them to work with x64 OSes later.

And then there were several alternate programming (scripting) languages written for the X45/ with Dhauzimmer drivers.

The post is here.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...iewtopic&t=504

Notice that the thread/ posts are many years old, and as a result, I can not guarantee that all of the information will pertain to Vista or Win7, but it would be worth a try. But just read the post to see WHY I and many others abandoned the Saitek drivers/ SST software.

All of the links provided in those post are dead with the 1 exception of the drivers which are still available. As for the other stuff, I STILL have the Biped scripting software, and many many scripts that I can give you. If you want them, I can upload and provide you with a download link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Morpheus View Post

Would anyone have any resolution to this?

TIA
IF I can help I will. BTW, I can no longer use or test the X45 in it's orignal configuration, I have retired the Stick, but the throttle is still in every day use here. Mine has undergone a mod/ conversion much like the one here,

http://www.brewsterbuffalos.com/x45/

Mine is using the updated BUO836A and there are no wires connected to the Saitek board except those that light the mode LEDs. All the others are connected directly to the Addon board.

Funny though this topic, as it could just as easily fit in the "Original IL2 " discussion just a few post down from this one, as that was when and why I started with the X45 and it's alternate drivers/ scripting tools.

Last edited by KMcWilliams; 10-27-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Yeah unfortunately the Dhauzimmer drivers don't work for me as I'm running Windows 7 x64. Tried them earlier and they won't load (and I run my PC in test mode anyway so driver signing is off by default).

Last edited by Raven Morpheus; 10-27-2013 at 07:51 AM.