Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Maybe so, I'm so much more used to online flying, and there DnB-ing flak (assuming there's not to much of it) works pretty well. Basically whenever AAA shoots at someone, everyone but him should attack the AAA.

Whats the best tactic for effective rocket attacks with IL2, against German tanks, lets say pzIV?

Yes, rockets are hopelessly inaccurate in latest patches. Still, you can put them to good use in antitank role. Here's what I do - I set convergence at 100m, approach the tank from the side (in order to make the taget as big as possible), aim at the very top or even very slightly above the tank, come in as close as you dare and fire. Despite the rocket spread the tank is now such a big target that it's hard to miss this way. The bigger the target the easier to hit. Elefants for example you simply can't miss. Just keep in mind that BRS rockets descend a bit, so you have to aim high.

(Using the ROFS [fragmentation] rockets instead of BRS this way is very dangerous since you're very close to where they explode and you usually receive damage too!)