Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

Default 1946 or CoD in 2013

Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy one of the above two mentioned games, but I"m not sure which would be best. Most of the information I can find is 2 years old at least. Is 1946 still considered definitive for those wanting a solid dog fighting sim if not worried about graphics?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

I think so, CloD is vastly improved with the Team Fusion mod but doesnt have the variety of maps or aircraft. Particularly when using HSFX 7
<a href=http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366190 target=_blank>http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366  190 Salute Jim (Blairgowrie) http://dangerdogz.com
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikeshar View Post
Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy one of the above two mentioned games, but I"m not sure which would be best. Most of the information I can find is 2 years old at least. Is 1946 still considered definitive for those wanting a solid dog fighting sim if not worried about graphics?
The cost of Il2 1946 is next to nothing and an essential starting point for the historical variety of aircraft armour vehicles and artillery, also the huge array of maps and possible theaters you can fly in.

CoD should also be on your hard drive along with other sim choices out there like RoF DCS etc, the learning curves vary amongst the different sims all claiming different realism aspects and eye candy but if its pure variety and online fun your into IL2 1946 is hard to beat, and if you are an offline flyer theres a huge amount of custom built pilot campaigns to download and fly.

All of the above mentioned and others are worthy of the time to buy and instal as it supports the future of the niche market that is the flight sim.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the responses. I went with 1946. The price was hard to argue with.

My joystick however, is another story. I probably need to start a new thread for this, but I'm using the xbox 360 version of the Saitek AV8R. I can't come to a compromise between the two profiles for it... M1 allows me to fire with the trigger, but the hat button doesn't function, the rudder twist doesn't either, and the throttle won't go all the way to 100 or 0. Those "dont works" turn in to "do works" on M2, but then my trigger doesn't work to fire with...
Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikeshar View Post
Thanks for the responses. I went with 1946. The price was hard to argue with.

My joystick however, is another story. I probably need to start a new thread for this, but I'm using the xbox 360 version of the Saitek AV8R. I can't come to a compromise between the two profiles for it... M1 allows me to fire with the trigger, but the hat button doesn't function, the rudder twist doesn't either, and the throttle won't go all the way to 100 or 0. Those "dont works" turn in to "do works" on M2, but then my trigger doesn't work to fire with...
You could try JoytoKey

It should allow you assign the sticks buttons and axes to your liking.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-78136.html