Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Default Creating QMB Missions

I decided to try and make a QMB mission. I'm having a problem getting started.

I followed all the rules in the 4.10 Guide. When I try and load the mission in the QMB I get the following error: Data file corrupt (see attached screenshot)

All I have in the mission so far is 8 Red flights and 8 Blue flights, as required per the instructions. I'm not sure what can possibly be corrupt.

Has anyone created a more in-depth tutorial on creating QMB missions? The one in the 4.10 Guide is pretty basic.

Aviar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Data file corrupt.jpg (409.6 KB, 17 views)
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

It's been a while since I was involved with the QMB stuff... I remember seeing the error but I don't remember all of the reasons that caused it.

You have done something wrong... but what it is, hard to say

I'll PM you my e-mail and you could send it my way if you'd like me to have a look?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Getting a little closer. I found this tutorial which explains a lot more than the 4.10 Guide.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=4014

After making some changes, I no longer get an error message. However, when I click on the Fly button in the QMB, nothing happens. The button depresses but that's all. The mission never starts.

Back to the drawing board.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

After reading SOME of the following forum thread my head is spinning.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ish=15&start=0

I originally had some spare time so I thought I would try something I always had wanted to do...create a mission in the QMB. I have been making IL-2 missions since day one so I thought it would be a breeze. I was sadly mistaken.

I'll have to put this one on hold for the time being.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

You only need to create one template for the QMB to work so you can start simple and add more templates as you get more comfortable making them.

I always make the head on pass template first (The NoneN template) since that is one of the easiest for me to make. After you make the template using the FMB you can test it in the QMB to make sure it works as expected.

For Pacific Fighters maps use USA None and Japanese None squadrons in your templates.
usa0100
usa0101
usa0102
usa0103
usa0110
usa0111
usa0112
usa0113
ja0100
ja0101
ja0102
ja0103
ja0110
ja0111
ja0112
ja0113

For FB maps use German None and Russian None squadrons in your templates.
g0100
g0103
g0101
g0102
g0110
g0111
g0112
g0113
r0101
r0102
r0103
r0100
r0110
r0111
r0112
r0113

Don't forget that there are several map templates at M4T that you can use to save some time populating your map.
Mission Templates: http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...Downloads&c=95

Wheels
Old 10-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Good stuff wheelsup!

I would also suggest against too much populating on a QMB setup. It's meant to be quick missions without a lot of frill. Just my thoughts on the matter. I'd go with spending time making it play well than putting in a lot of doodads.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Good stuff wheelsup!

I would also suggest against too much populating on a QMB setup. It's meant to be quick missions without a lot of frill. Just my thoughts on the matter. I'd go with spending time making it play well than putting in a lot of doodads.
Imo the low number of objects used on a QMB template are what makes a QMB template easier to make than most mission templates. Another thing about them being low on objects for me is that it makes it easier for me to believe that the aircraft I am using is not out of place on that map.

Wheels
Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Approved Member

I finally had some luck creating a Quick Mission. I didn't even try to start one from scratch because I kept getting errors, as explained in my previous posts. What I did was take an existing Quick Mission and edit the heck out of it until I got what I was after.

I used the default 'Smolensk' map and set up a dynamic airfield attack.

I took advantage of the Quick Missions structure which allows the mission creator to include various random elements into each mission. I have also used the new Runway Tiles in 4.12 to create a more dynamic and interesting airfield (see screenshots). Instead of the default single runway, there are now four individual runways, all used by the Axis planes.

I wanted to post the package here but for some reason the site would not let me. I kept timing out after about 10 seconds. It's only 2.13MB, much smaller than the allowed 19.07MB for a Zip file, so I don't know what happened.

I decided to upload the mission to Mission4Today. It can be downloaded from here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=4404

I have also included detailed suggestions on how to best play the missions as well as several saved pre-set files that you can load into the QMB so you can be up and flying very quickly.

In any event, I hope you guys and gals enjoy the missions. Happy Flying!

Aviar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smolensk 01.jpg (610.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Smolensk 02.jpg (565.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Smolensk 03.jpg (488.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Smolensk 04.jpg (541.2 KB, 12 views)
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

There shouldn't be any complaints about the missions being random enough.

You didn't need to separate the Allied and Axis files into separate folders. The Red and Blue designations in the file name are what determines if a mission is an Axis or Allied mission. The player then has the option to use the button at the top of the QMB to switch between them without having to change map folders.

By using a map name that does not correspond to a .mis file map name certain users will get gibberish in their map area, especially the Russian players.

Smolensk_Axis_AviarBlueScramble001 - this is one of your template filenames

Smolensk_Axis_Aviar - This shows up as the map name in the QMB
(This should really match the loading name in the .mis file so that all players will see the name in their own language correctly since the QMB has been set up to automatically translate the folder names that match a current stock map .mis file name.)

Blue - This determines what mission templates will be used when you switch between Allies and Axis using the black button at the top of the main page of the QMB.

Red - Allies
Blue - Axis

Scramble - Mission Type

NoneA Template - Target: None | Pos. + ( Advantage template where the player is expecting to be behind the enemy)
NoneD Template - Target: None | Pos. - (Disadvantage template where the player is expecting to be in front of the enemy)
NoneN Template - Target: None | Pos. = (Neither the player or opponent has the advantage and the player is expecting it to generate a head on pass.)

Armor Template - Target: Armor (Player will be expecting to attack Tanks)
Bridge Template - Target: Bridge (Player will be expecting to attack a Bridge)
Airbase Template - Target: Airbase (Player will be expecting to attack an Airbase, At this time an aircraft carrier is also considered an Airbase)
Scramble Template - Target: Scramble (Player will be expecting to be taking off while under attack.)

001 - This is the last part of the file name and it is used so that you can create multiple missions templates of the same type to add the illusion of randomness. There are no set limitations to naming this part of the filename and it can be randomized as the template maker sees fit so that they can create more than one mission of the same type. This variability in naming also allows several users to create templates for the same map and it should limit the possibility of their QMB templates overwriting someone else's existing template. By using my username as part of the filename in this area for the QMB templates I created it makes it less likely that anyone can "accidentally" overwrite them with new files.

I haven't had a chance to fly them but I will soon.

Wheels
Old 11-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

wheels,

Thanks for all the help. I started making another mission, this time from scratch, so I can use all the info I can get my hands on.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1