Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Default Economic model in IL2 BOS

Hi,

I just want to know if you like the economic model of Il2 BOS?

Me I'm not really about you have to pay the game for each account instead of for each disc. All old game (and some recent) you had one disc that you could install the game everywhere and you had a code to enter to play, but the code worked for every PC, even if you installed the game on 2 or 3 computer at the same time.

I received Rise of Flight for my birthday, but I can't play because my father installed the game for my birthday, but with his own account, because he had to create one to enter the code, but me, I can't play the full version, only demo version and it's really annoying. It's why I stoped to play ROF... Don't want to buy another $50... I have the game at home!!!

It will be the same thing for IL2 BOS and it's why I don't know if I should/will buy this game. Yes, it's looking great, but if it's only one account only, it's very bad.

Love you Daidalos Team for your hard work and free stuff!!!
In ROF, you need to pay for extra planes

thx
Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

I have to say that I seriously dislike the idea of having to pay for individual aircraft. Which is the reason why I haven't gone for ROF; despite the fact that I'm a huge fan of WWI sims.

Over Flanders Field does me just fine.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
Hi,

Me I'm not really about you have to pay the game for each account instead of for each disc. All old game (and some recent) you had one disc that you could install the game everywhere and you had a code to enter to play, but the code worked for every PC, even if you installed the game on 2 or 3 computer at the same time.

I received Rise of Flight for my birthday, but I can't play because my father installed the game for my birthday, but with his own account, because he had to create one to enter the code, but me, I can't play the full version, only demo version and it's really annoying. It's why I stoped to play ROF... Don't want to buy another $50... I have the game at home!!!

It will be the same thing for IL2 BOS and it's why I don't know if I should/will buy this game. Yes, it's looking great, but if it's only one account only, it's very bad.

thx
IIRC you should be able to uninstall and make a new install 5 times some way under an online system. I'm not sure the system is still in place but it might be run by Valve/Steam. Keep an eye on this thread, if I put words out of place there will be someone along to correct them!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGunz View Post
IIRC you should be able to uninstall and make a new install 5 times some way under an online system. I'm not sure the system is still in place but it might be run by Valve/Steam. Keep an eye on this thread, if I put words out of place there will be someone along to correct them!
Yes understand and I think you are ok, but what I'm talking about is the account in the game.

In Il2 1946, I don't have to loggin with an account to play... Just have to launch the game and after, I can choose my profil to play with. (I have 3 profils for me and my brother).

In ROF, we have to loggin to play. After that, the first account who enter the key to install the game, will have the full game and the other account will have a demo version. For me, my father installed the game for my birthday so he needed to install the game... So, when I wanted to launch the game with my account, I only have the demo version of the game, because I can't use the same key... And I have Iron Cross Edition!!!
And I don't want to loggin on my father account, so I contacted the support, but they want me to buy another key online, so another key=another game ($40)...

It's why I think Daidalos Team is doing a great job with us!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

See if your father can give up his account and you be able to use that slot.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGunz View Post
See if your father can give up his account and you be able to use that slot.
It's link to his email... I will try to contact support to change email for the key, but really, I prefer the old system with infinite account per key...

How is Cliffs of Dover?
Old 11-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi,

thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pips View Post
I have to say that I seriously dislike the idea of having to pay for individual aircraft. Which is the reason why I haven't gone for ROF; despite the fact that I'm a huge fan of WWI sims.
Over Flanders Field does me just fine.
Look at the prices in the RoF Store. I would love to have the same business model we had with IL2 with loads of free stuff interspersed with paid updates, but that business model is not sustainable. Neither is the "buy the disk, and play when you want" model. The prices in the RoF store are reasonable.. and if you wait until there is a sale the prices are usually 50% lower. The RoF model is a buy what you fly model.. I now have every single seat fighter in RoF .. I prefer to fly a few.. but I bought some of the others when they went on sale just because.. at $3 apiece they were worth it. The log in to play model is a direct result of piracy and I cannot help but wonder how much more financially successful IL2 would have been had it not been for piracy.

I have never tried OFF but I will say that, particularly if you like WWI flying you are doing a disservice to yourself by not giving RoF a go.

Quote:
Yes understand and I think you are ok, but what I'm talking about is the account in the game.

In Il2 1946, I don't have to loggin with an account to play... Just have to launch the game and after, I can choose my profil to play with. (I have 3 profils for me and my brother).

In ROF, we have to loggin to play. After that, the first account who enter the key to install the game, will have the full game and the other account will have a demo version. For me, my father installed the game for my birthday so he needed to install the game... So, when I wanted to launch the game with my account, I only have the demo version of the game, because I can't use the same key... And I have Iron Cross Edition!!!
And I don't want to loggin on my father account, so I contacted the support, but they want me to buy another key online, so another key=another game ($40)...
It's why I think Daidalos Team is doing a great job with us!
All you have to do is have your dad contact support and tell them that he wants the email for the account changed to your email and you are done. When RoF first came out before 777 took it over the only way you could pay was online.. Now you can play offline or online.. One thing I like about the RoF model is that when there is a new plane it is automatically updated in every install... Basically what you are doing in RoF is buying the cockpit for an aircraft so you can fly it .. but it is in your install.