Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

Did you ever get your naming of the folders problem figured out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar
MAP LALnormandy2/LAL_load2.ini

So, to be really safe, I named the mission 'LALnormandy2_1944RedAirbase001'. The folder I placed the mission into is named 'LALnormandy2_RedAirbase'. That's really not what I wanted to name the folder but I am trying to be as accurate as possible to get the darn thing to work.

Well, it still does not appear in the QMB so at this point I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Aviar
Your Folder name: LALnormandy2_RedAirbase
Altered Folder name: LALnormandy2

Your .mis file name: LALnormandy2_1944RedAirbase001
Altered .mis file name: LALnormandy2RedAirbase001

Remove the underscore 1944 from the file name and the Underscore RedAirbase from the folder and the mission should load.

LALnormandy2RedAirbase001 - mis file name for the Airbase QMB template.

LALnormandy2 -This is the folder name and the first part of the .mis file name.
(None of the following parts of the file name has anything to do with the folder name where you placed the .mis file. The rest of the file name is used to call different features when the player is using the QMB.)

Red - This part of the file name determines Allies or Axis affiliation

Airbase - This part of the file name determines Target type.

001 - Unique identifier so you can create multiple QMB templates for the same Target option.

Wheels
Old 11-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu View Post
Did you ever get your naming of the folders problem figured out?

Yes, I did. The quotes in your post are from a post by myself asking for help. Right after that post, by a lot of trial and error, I finally figured out the trick. That's why I deleted my post asking for help. Thanks for asking.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 11-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Approved Member

I just wanted to bring up something I saw in the QMB Map Guide Revised by Aardvark892. In the guide he states..."Whichever side the mission is created for, the first plane of the first flight on that side MUST be chosen as the Player Aircraft...".

I'm wondering if this still holds true. In my testing, I have found that the mission still works even if no plane is designated as the Player Aircraft. (The Player will simply spawn in the first plane of Flight #1.)

In fact, I have seen default QMB missions with no plane designated as the Player Aircraft...for instance, the Kuban Red None mission.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 11-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar View Post
I just wanted to bring up something I saw in the QMB Map Guide Revised by Aardvark892. In the guide he states..."Whichever side the mission is created for, the first plane of the first flight on that side MUST be chosen as the Player Aircraft...".

I'm wondering if this still holds true. In my testing, I have found that the mission still works even if no plane is designated as the Player Aircraft. (The Player will simply spawn in the first plane of Flight #1.)

In fact, I have seen default QMB missions with no plane designated as the Player Aircraft...for instance, the Kuban Red None mission.

Aviar
Not choosing a plane or choosing plane number 1 of flight one as the player plane are acceptable.

What used to cause a problem, I think it has been changed, is if you choose planes number 2, 3, or 4 of a flight one as the player plane you spawned into the cockpit of the plane that had been chosen and you had no control of anything. You had to exit the mission since none and I mean none of your controls would work.

Any future templates I make I intend to go with not choosing a plane for the player aircraft since this will cause the least amount of problems with the player spawning into the correct cockpit. It will also allow the player to easily convert the template to a Coop or Dogfight map with minimal to no changes being necessary for it to work in those environments.

HTH

Wheels