Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Default Cannot end battle of Sidi Bou Zid:ToW2:Africa

Ok im REALLY mad.
I go through all this,(garbage scripting,bugs,enemy PIN POINT sniper like artillery strikes,unrealistic penetration values,crap frame rates,cheating A.I.,etc...) just to get to the point to where i have killed or destroyed all the enemy units on the ENTIRE map and the mission will not end.
The only objective left is to "kill all the enemy units in the village" and i have killed EVERY unit on the map.
I have a unit inside every building(the ones left standing) in the village and the mission will not end.
I have tried to capture all the remaining german guns to see if it will end.
I hvae then unmaned the german guns.
I have searched every inch of the maps three times,nothing makes a difference.
I am running Version 1.3.0.
As badly as i have found the scripting in this game i am really NOT surprised that i have this problem.
I spent hours on this battle for NOTHING?
Could somebody PLEASE help me out here?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Default Finally

Nevermind.
after reloading another save(tried 4 different saves) and trying it AGAIN for the FIFTH or sixth time it finally "kicked in" whatever script is used to end the mission.
This game is turning into a frustrating MESS.
"Most historically accurate RTS game",my azz.
I could write a BOOK to outline all the historical inaccuracies in the TOW2 series.
Cant wait to play tow2:kursk. <--Sarcasm.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

In some ways Africa is the weakest ToW game as it relies on endless waves of enemy troops more than strategic deployment. It's also easier with so many attackers for one soldier to escape to the edge of the map & prevent the end of mission switch kicking in.

It is worth adding the balance mods to the ToW games as this makes a HUGE difference in gameplay with script fixes & troop balancing, new units etc. Wouldn't play any ToW without these mods TBH.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

I've had that happen too me on numerous occasions and similar missions. A couple times I ended up just blasting away at each building(which worked). Another time I paused the game and walked away, then continued later(which worked).
If you want to see "PIN POINT sniper like artillery" you should play Theater of War: Battle for Caen. Since you gave ToW2Africa a try you should think about getting the Demo for ToW2Kursk,

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...571&Itemid=318

I like it more than ToW2Africa. I know a few facts about WW2 but not enough to get in a argument with a knowledgeable person. I do know that I love playing WW2 RTS games and even with all their flaws the ToW games are some of the most enjoyable WW2 RTS Games out there and can be purchased at insane prices from time to time.