Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

View Poll Results: Do you think it's time for a modern ToW game to be made?
Yes, I would buy a modernized TOW game. 12 75.00%
No, That makes no sense at all. 4 25.00%
Don't Care, I am just here to troll. 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Theatre of War 4 - Coalition Forces

I enjoy this series tho I feel I have had enough WW2ish games in this life time..

make us a TOW based in more modern/current events.

M1 Abrams, Bradleys, Challengers, Apache, IED's, Masked Insurgents

you get my drift.

I guess start with Iraqi Freedom and expand the game up to current
conflicts in Afghan.

Make it and we will most assuredly buy it.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Approved Member

Just the thought of ToW with Modern weapons gives me goose bumps. Sometimes I'll stop while I'm playing the ToW games just to look at the units.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarGam3r View Post
I guess start with Iraqi Freedom and expand the game up to current
conflicts in Afghan.
Freedom? Enough of this american bullshit. I don't wanna play yet another american propaganda game, WW2 sounds funnier.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
Freedom? Enough of this american bullshit. I don't wanna play yet another american propaganda game, WW2 sounds funnier.
I could be wrong but I don't think he meant it that way. I'm playing 4 WW2 games(MoWAS,ToW,ToW2Kursk,ToW2Battle for Caen) besides my other games. I think a ToW game with modern weapons would be cool. The Tank models in Kursk are excellent, to see and fight with Modern Units in a ToW game would be fantastic!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

I like ToW a lot. I hope the devs haven't abandoned it!
I would like to see World in Conflict ToW style. Would make for a great global WW3 campaign.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

For me guys, i think before we jump to modern era type weaponry, much better if the TOW will focus first on the Cold War, well TOW Korea is part of it, but the weaponry in there is still WW2 type, the likes of Arab-Israeli conflict, we see the modernized Centurion of the Israelis and their American Tanks against the Arabs Russian built ones. I think this is the better next concept of TOW before we jump to modern era weaponry that we have now.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oweng1980 View Post
For me guys, i think before we jump to modern era type weaponry, much better if the TOW will focus first on the Cold War, well TOW Korea is part of it, but the weaponry in there is still WW2 type, the likes of Arab-Israeli conflict, we see the modernized Centurion of the Israelis and their American Tanks against the Arabs Russian built ones. I think this is the better next concept of TOW before we jump to modern era weaponry that we have now.
I have to agree, before ToW moves into a proper modern-setting, I think the ToW series should develop more and more gameplay-wise to build up to a superior game for that setting.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy a modern-setting ToW game, but I think it would be a jump too big for the devs.

I really like the fact that they chose Korea for the third game; it's such a niche setting in war games (hardly any Korean-setting games out there) and features a combination of WWII tech that we've all seen with some new tech (e.g. helicopters).

The next setting for the next ToW game, I think, should be another niche setting or maybe multiple niche settings during the Cold War period (start with one then release a few others as DLC's or expansions). It's up to them which war they want, it could be the 1948 Arab-Israeli War (no game, I think, has ever gone there before), the Vietnam War, whatever they want.