Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty

King's Bounty Famous series of Fantasy Real-time RPG with turn-based battles.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Default Anyone playing Dark Side?

Hi everyone, I know its been since crosswords that Ive been around, but this place is really quiet about this game, 1C even more so. Why no dedicated forum for Darkside? No Mod forum? No comments in here at all on it from 1C?

Personally I find the game very entertaining, I skipped kings of the north, but I like this option of playing the dark side

Ive made a few small mods for it like all skills for all classes, but there is no forum for posting anything. Anyway just wondering where all the players are at.

ShadowTek
Old 11-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

I think people just got tired of the many-many ways 1C wants to "skin" the first game anew again and again instead of making a new one.
Unfortunately, since Warriors of the North, the quality has been in steady decline, the last two games were released in basically beta/alpha stage. I loved Legend/AP/Crossworlds, but never finished either of the new games - they were frustratingly bad.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Yes Im sure that is true, but dark side is still very fun, I haven't hit any bugs yet (premium edition) Maybe its because I skipped kings of the north and only ever played crossworlds that it doesn't bother me.

Personally I find it funner then crossworlds, but then I love the idea of playing the dark side.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

I have started Darkside recently, and i like it. Didnt rush to play at release tough since most games are bad broken at release nowadays. Wariors of the north were indeed massive fail. It was just fkin copy and paste from legend. + ttey made it too long so it become boring.( game can be long, but now with such terrble copy and paste) Finshed it once and never goonna touvch it again. When i was playin one of basic valkyrie skil wasnt even working ..
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Is there an editor for Dark Side? Or at least a way to make it work with the CW one? I tried moving the files and editing some things in the .ini but no luck..
Old 12-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
I have started Darkside recently, and i like it. Didnt rush to play at release tough since most games are bad broken at release nowadays. Wariors of the north were indeed massive fail. It was just fkin copy and paste from legend. + ttey made it too long so it become boring.( game can be long, but now with such terrble copy and paste) Finshed it once and never goonna touvch it again. When i was playin one of basic valkyrie skil wasnt even working ..
Yeah, I think its the funnest one yet.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

If anyonwe reads i have question? How do i get to orkakkaland and amazonia? i have already cleared helvedia and have disembodifier but iddint come across any map of those 2 island? Did i miss something? OR game is brokenb and might gave me wrong maps? ;s
Old 12-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTek View Post
Hi everyone, I know its been since crosswords that Ive been around, but this place is really quiet about this game, 1C even more so. Why no dedicated forum for Darkside? No Mod forum? No comments in here at all on it from 1C?

Personally I find the game very entertaining, I skipped kings of the north, but I like this option of playing the dark side

Ive made a few small mods for it like all skills for all classes, but there is no forum for posting anything. Anyway just wondering where all the players are at.

ShadowTek
I never bought Dark Side since i read so many complaints about the game, Another reason was that I made a huge mod/ expansion for crossworlds, and just got tired of kb for a time cuz I made over 100 hours of testplay the mod and solve the bugs.
And surely it was to late for that mod, seems like a lot of people disappered from this forum to other games, tired of how the new devs handles this game and just trying to milk out more Money from a great Product.

Dagmar - you should be able to use the editor from crossworlds for the game if you want to edit some stuff.
Move the editor to Dark side directory and then open up what u want to do

Ecania
Old 12-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
If anyonwe reads i have question? How do i get to orkakkaland and amazonia? i have already cleared helvedia and have disembodifier but iddint come across any map of those 2 island? Did i miss something? OR game is brokenb and might gave me wrong maps? ;s
You have to find the maps to get to them (Ive been to all of the Islands and have them all open) I can't tell you where I found the maps that open those islands at as the game is so big I lose track of where I find everything, but they are there, you just have to find them.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

I think the reason few have bought the game is they're waiting for it to go on sale. I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Since so little is written of this game so far, they're afraid to buy at full price.

The game is a lot of fun and requires a different mindset than the others. The only problem for potential customers is the Vampire, the one I bet most will want to play. Getting him through the early going is a trial and a half while the Demoness is easy(but still fun) on Normal. After Portland is yours, she gets awesome mages and Heretiarchs(Dark Inquisitors that resurrect evil creatures).

I've stated why the Vampire is hard to play in another thread, but that makes it fun in that way.