Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Default PS3 HUD off realistic club

recently i took the plunge into sim...... whilst i find some modes in sim very entertaining; i find the scrabbling around the deck of dogfight and team battle to be quite unrealistic and troublesome, this combined with many players win at all cost attitude in sim increased my dis-appointment.
Someone suggested to me that realistic with the HUD turned off or turned to minimal would mimic some of the better aspects of sim and eliminate some of the worst.
Why turn off your HUD you ask?
Players names and aircraft disappear, this simple fact eliminate a players ability to single another out and also mean you cannot identify aircraft type until within clear visual range allowing a wider choice of tactics for all players; not just I'm in a spit IX he's not i'll out turn him etc
Anyone who is interested please leave your psn id and timezone hours of play
I am generally online between weekdays 1930 and 0000 gmt weekends vary.

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 10-19-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Quite agree with you mate. After going the grades in this game (I've played it since october last year) and doing my service in arcade, moving to realistic after a while and now mostly strike in sim. Why I do the strike in sim now is ecsactly the reasons you put forward; The unrealistic clobbering in furballs in dogfight and teambattle close to treetops and hedges in realistic. And also the fact that I find "dogfights all on all" a bit 'tedious'.
That said... I love the teambattles in realistic and will be happy to try out the mode with HUD turned of. It's great fun flying with skilled guys equiped with headsets.
I'll gladly host teambattles in realistic for players that fly HUD-less. Just 4 fun.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Put me down too Shadow, great idea
Old 08-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Signing in...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

I've been doing this anyway (realistic, HUD off, cockpit view). It feels more like what I expect out of WW2 dogfighting and even tho you have the target lock with the HUD off it still needs a bit of concentration to work out which way the target is heading

Count me in.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

I'm in.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

You can count me in too, I normally go HUD fully disabled anyway so there is not problem with that. To me it is actually easier since all the words and numbers are in the way of seeing what you're shooting at. The only time I play with the hud on is when people start complaining about me shooting them down too much. Cockpit view with HUD off is the way to go.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

I completely agree.Sign me up. And as you all know my internet is not up to par.So I hope some1 else will start hosting on weekends.Cya in the clouds!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

i can give it a bash ............
Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

are you guys around still playing this way? i just realized after 8 months that you can do this. im an idiot. i love realistic and getting to see your plane but always hated the icons. i know its honor system thing but i would rather do this 1 on 1 than anything else. maybe ill make a new post later to see if guys are still doing this. I can host and would love to get some of you on my friends list.