Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Default Cryostasis only uses 40% of 1 CPU core!!

My CPU is a core i7 940 (4 cores 8 threads). I checked how much core usage the game was utilizing and found out that Cryostasis was only accessing 40% of 1 CPU core.

How in the hell is my CPU supposed to drive 3x GTX285 graphics cards when the game is only allowing it to use one 8th of its power??

Its no bloody wonder the game suffers from micro-stutter.

BAD BAD PROGRAMMING 1C!!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Well, there are already threads about the cpu-usage of this game. And if you search with google there are many sites reporting this issue.
Theres no true multicore-support, so even if more then 1 core is used if you count the usage together it will not be more then the load 1 core can handle alone.

So its clear there will be no patch for that, the best experience is with a core with as much ghz as possible, more cores then 1 doesnt help.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

That is pathetic. And to think they programmed it like that in this day and age. Where multi-core processors have been out for the past 5 years or so. Do they live in the dark ages or something?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMaster View Post
That is pathetic. And to think they programmed it like that in this day and age. Where multi-core processors have been out for the past 5 years or so. Do they live in the dark ages or something?
all i'm seeing is "whaa whaa whaa my expensive computer won't run this game perfectly". get over it and just play the game, it's brilliant.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

That's the problem i can't play this game coz it stutters like a guy with a speech impedament and parkinsons disease . Wouldn't be wha wha wha'in if the game was programmed properly.

Last edited by Sneaksie; 03-17-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Obscene language, insulting other members
Old 03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMaster View Post
That's the problem i can't play this game coz it stutters like a guy with a speech impedament and parkinsons disease . Wouldn't be wha wha wha'in if the game was programmed properly.
i played it quite happily with everything on high at 1680x1050 on a machine far inferior to yours, so, you know.

Last edited by alligator_fists; 03-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

I too am having the same problem as Ravenmaster. I'm his friend IRL and we've been testing the game on both of our systems. My system specs are:

Core i7 920 @ stock
2x GTX260 SLI
800w psu
6GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066mhz

Whenever i use shader model 4 + advanced physx + physx, i too get stuttering. This game seems to have been programmed only for old CPU's. That is quite pathetic.

Also, why did the mod ban Ravenmaster? You sent him a message saying he'd been banned for obscene language but he never cussed/sweared once. You are quick to silence ppl Mr Moderator but very USELESS at HELPING. You will darken your company's reputation every time you fail to programme ur games to be compatible with a more diverse range of PC's. And you will damn yourselves by failing to fix the problems when they are brought to light.

You give Russian developers a bad name.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

define stutter? is it a poor frame rate? this game is poorly optimised and will not run well on anyone's hardware. if you are unhappy with its performance, turn down some settings.

if it's not stuttering due to a low frame rate, disable SLI and see what happens, as i played through this fine (frame rate was barely ever 60) with everything on high, including SM 4.0, physx + advanced physx on a single gtx260+ and a phenom II 940 at 3ghz.

so stop having a whinge and understand you can't get this to run perfectly with everything on high. the game plays fine even when the frame rate is low.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator_fists View Post
define stutter? is it a poor frame rate? this game is poorly optimised and will not run well on anyone's hardware. if you are unhappy with its performance, turn down some settings.

if it's not stuttering due to a low frame rate, disable SLI and see what happens, as i played through this fine (frame rate was barely ever 60) with everything on high, including SM 4.0, physx + advanced physx on a single gtx260+ and a phenom II 940 at 3ghz.

so stop having a whinge and understand you can't get this to run perfectly with everything on high. the game plays fine even when the frame rate is low.

The problem occurs when Shader model 4.0 and advanced physx + physx are used together. If i drop to shader model 3.0 and just normal physx, the game runs fine above 60fps even at 1920x1080 (every other settings on high). The moment i switch 4.0 and advanced physx back on, the game gets microstutter, pauses for 2 seconds every time i punch an icicle.

It is as if the physx patch never worked at all for me. The game appears to be heavily reliant on CPU physx more so than GPU physx. And since this game only uses less than half of 1 core, its a big problem to have physx enabled.

Last edited by Sneaksie; 03-18-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Obscene language
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Wow... what an arrogant prick.

The problem occurs when Shader model 4.0 and advanced physx + physx are used together. If i drop to shader model 3.0 and just normal physx, the game runs fine above 60fps even at 1920x1080 (every other settings on high). The moment i switch 4.0 and advanced physx back on, the game gets microstutter, pauses for 2 seconds every time i punch an icicle.

It is as if the physx patch never worked at all for me. The game appears to be heavily reliant on CPU physx more so than GPU physx. And since this game only uses less than half of 1 core, its a big problem to have physx enabled.
i used shader model 4.0, physx, and advanced physx, and i did not experience that problem. not sure what else to say about it.

Last edited by Sneaksie; 03-18-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Obscene language
Closed Thread