Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars)

Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars) Sequel to Fantasy Wars. Turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Default Tough game

Even on normal lol

I am "going for gold" though

Got the first misson on Gold but the other 3 options I have no chance
Old 02-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

No wonder the forum is dead this game is ridiculously hard!

I really enjoy a challenge but these phantom armies are just rubbish are to more accurate, a four letter word begging with S.

I realise hardly anyone is playing the game but if there is anyone that is..help!

Why have a gold medal reward that can't be achieved?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

I don't played Magic expansion yet.
Fantasy Wars was very hard, Elven Legacy hard but Ranger expansion was too easy.

On some scenarios I think is better bronze and more experience for troops by clearing the map than gold victory.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender View Post
I don't played Magic expansion yet.
Fantasy Wars was very hard, Elven Legacy hard but Ranger expansion was too easy.

On some scenarios I think is better bronze and more experience for troops by clearing the map than gold victory.
tbh ender, and i have played for quite a few hours now. They have made this expansion very, very difficult. I'm on lvl 4/5 mission using a dwarf Mage and I start with 6 units but the AI has just attacked me, first turn, with about 15 units....I'm thinking of uninstalling.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

I've been doing the campaign under the "Easy" setting and have managed mostly Gold victories (although a couple Bronze as well).

But yeah i agree with you, it's a bit too tough.
King's Bounty: Armoured Princess is also tough tho, as you may know.

A couple things that annoy me about the AI is that they don't care about the towns.
Enemy units will always vacate their defensive position to attack.
Also, i hate that you really have to work hard to finish-off a unit.
They'll run away and heal up next turn.

I've been trying to keep my soft units in the middle, surrounded by defensive Flame Defenders or whatever they are called.
But you have to keep forward progress going so you'll have to expose some archers or whatever from time to time.
It also seems wise to spread your Artifacts out to different units and try to make sure they get used.

But it might be true that it's best to ignore Gold/Silver/Bronze and go for the added XP by hanging round to kill off enemies.
I don't know if other battles become available if you get all Gold or not.
Like, does the campaign path change depending on your victory status of the last battles? (like Panzer General)

Last edited by jman0war; 02-09-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

It's not really that hard, at least not if you happen to be a seasoned panzer general, fantasy general and people's general player (the games of the late nineties - early 00's which inspired FW and EL).

I always played on hard, mostly going for gold. The original FW was challenging only in the second and third scenario of each campaign plus the mission on ticsus; EL wasn't that bad either (although some times you had to skip a secondary mission to meet gold time limits). Ranger is tricky in the solo missions where you literally are not allowed a single wrong move but not so difficult for the rest. Siege, in my experience, is the hardest of them all, I completed it on hard but had to settle for a couple bronze victories (will retry sooner or later). Magic is easier again, but the first two missions with the dwarven rune mage force you to either bypass most secondary objectives or settle for bronze. The final fight is disappointingly easy if you handle it right. The bonus mission playing as farrakh is instead extremely difficult, while I haven't tried the one as ugraum yet.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

It's not as difficult as some console SRPG/TBS I could name.

http://tbtactics.blogspot.com/2010/04/srpgtbs-101.html
http://tbtactics.blogspot.com/2010/0...mpetitive.html

I do think it's a decent challenge though. I gave it a positive review.

http://tbtactics.blogspot.com/2010/0...itimately.html

I'm done with ranger and siege and starting on magic. Hard/gold on every mission so far.

Last edited by mjemirzian; 05-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ludwig View Post
It's not really that hard, at least not if you happen to be a seasoned panzer general, fantasy general and people's general player (the games of the late nineties - early 00's which inspired FW and EL).

I always played on hard, mostly going for gold. The original FW was challenging only in the second and third scenario of each campaign plus the mission on ticsus; EL wasn't that bad either (although some times you had to skip a secondary mission to meet gold time limits). Ranger is tricky in the solo missions where you literally are not allowed a single wrong move but not so difficult for the rest. Siege, in my experience, is the hardest of them all, I completed it on hard but had to settle for a couple bronze victories (will retry sooner or later). Magic is easier again, but the first two missions with the dwarven rune mage force you to either bypass most secondary objectives or settle for bronze. The final fight is disappointingly easy if you handle it right. The bonus mission playing as farrakh is instead extremely difficult, while I haven't tried the one as ugraum yet.
I finished most of the Panzer General series, they were tough but not too tough.

Elven Legacy is too difficult for me on normal difficulty. Too bad, because it can be a fun game. I guess I could go down to easy difficulty, but more enjoyable games await. Another poorly balanced game from 1C (I loved the King's Bounty series, but the balance on those games was poor as well). Who are they designing these games for? It's no wonder they aren't that popular.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Saying Kings Bounty is not popular is kinda ... wrong. I never found EL being hard, even i havent played any of its predecesors. Requires quite thiniking true .. but thats Stratego game and it is for thinking ;p
Old 02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Elven Legacy isn't as popular as it deserves to be, and I think that is partly due to its reputation as being a very tough game. King's Bounty is popular, but Crossworlds doesn't appear to have done very well, at least on Steam.

I did end up going down to easy level on EL, and I'm back to enjoying it. For me, a problem with the difficulty is that once you start doing poorly, the problems start to compound. If you loose a unit or two, you could be in trouble. In contrast, if you do well in the early campaigns you get access to the bonus missions, they allow you to further strengthen your troops, making the main campaign easier. It is tough to balance a main campaign when you allow the best players to get advantages that further throw off the balance.