Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

Default Can I play Rig N Roll?

Hello, thanks for reading. I have been keeping up with the forum and the Russian release of RnR and have followed RnR from the very beginning. I'm very anxious to play the game but I am also nervous because I don't want to waste my money and not be able to play if I buy the Russian version. My question is do you think the average person that doesn't know any Russian at all will be able to enjoy the game until the English version is out? Thanks for your time and answers.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

I am very anxious too, but have resigned myself to wait until January to get it. From what I have learned from some postings here, you'll have to Google a lot for translations, and there are in-game conversations along with screen selections. So rather then buy the game twice, I decided to just wait, but this is just my evaluation. For the most part, I'm very satisfied with the reviews, and most of the videos. I have not seen, or heard anything that will deter me from getting this game. Some of the negative views I feel can be fixed in later developments. Truck sound, traffic lights, and speed limit signs are among this list of improvements. Maybe even a few pedestrians crossing the street would be good also as some one else commented on.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

I bought the game eventhough I don't speak/understand a word Russian. Navigating through the game menus isn't that hard because most games, whether in English or Russian sort of use the same layout.

As for the game itself...single missions where you have to deliver goods from A to B work fine, you pick a city to depart from, choose the goods you want to deliver, pick a truck, set the game settings (day/night dry/rain etc.) and you're good to go. I translated some of the most important menus so if you decide to buy the game I can always send them to you.

As for the career mode, I find it enjoyable but I can imagine that people who really love a good story want to understand what's really going on. For example, you'll get plenty of phonecalls where you are asked to do a side mission. The phonecall itself won't help you much but if you accept the mission you can check the map to see where you need to go. Downside is that this way it doesn't really differ from you regular delivery mission. Some goes for missions where you need to give somebody a ride. It works because you can see where you need to drop the person off but you won't be able to enjoy his story which sometimes goes on for ages

The regular delivery missions in career mode which you can get at one of the warehouses across the map work fine. Pictures in the menu will make it clear what kind of goods you're dealing with, the map tells you where to go.

I think it all depends on what you want to do with the game.
If you just want to deliver goods from point A to B, do races against AI opponents and mess around with the different game settings (day/night etc.) then the Russian release will be enjoyable. If you want to get in depth with the game, get to know the characters, exactly know what's going on etc. then I think you can best wait for the English release.

I bought the game for only 10 euros and I love doing single missions with custom settings so for me it works. I might even buy the English version as well, knowing this release only cost me a tenner.

If you have any more questions let me know.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
If you want to get in depth with the game, get to know the characters, exactly know what's going on etc. then I think you can best wait for the English release.
That's what I want to do, so I'll just have to wait. I've heard some of the in-depth parameters from others, and videos, and that's what I enjoy. I like to immerse myself into a game, or story-line. I'm quite sure from what I've heard to date, that I won't be disappointed in the wait.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
I am very anxious too, but have resigned myself to wait until January to get it.
Yes, I´m also waiting until the english release, because of the story, but I don´t think that the game will be released in January. It is said, that the game will be released in Q1, but when you look at the previous years, you see that it rather comes out in february or in the end of march...
But I´m looking forward to get it as soon as possible
Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

I have read both releases (Q1 & January). I guess it's going to be a wait, and see type of thing. I'm hoping for January, but if it's March that's OK too. It will turn out to be a birthday present, instead of a Christmas one for myself.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
I am very anxious too, but have resigned myself to wait until January to get it. From what I have learned from some postings here, you'll have to Google a lot for translations, and there are in-game conversations along with screen selections. So rather then buy the game twice, I decided to just wait, but this is just my evaluation. For the most part, I'm very satisfied with the reviews, and most of the videos. I have not seen, or heard anything that will deter me from getting this game. Some of the negative views I feel can be fixed in later developments. Truck sound, traffic lights, and speed limit signs are among this list of improvements. Maybe even a few pedestrians crossing the street would be good also as some one else commented on.
Same for me
I want to optimize my gameplay experience and part of it is understanding what happens and understanding the storyline.

I will wait for the English release too, is there any list of countries where the game will be sold in the stores ? (because We have download limits and if I download a game of 10 Gb, I wont have much left to come the month trough)
Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
I bought the game eventhough I don't speak/understand a word Russian. Navigating through the game menus isn't that hard because most games, whether in English or Russian sort of use the same layout.

As for the game itself...single missions where you have to deliver goods from A to B work fine, you pick a city to depart from, choose the goods you want to deliver, pick a truck, set the game settings (day/night dry/rain etc.) and you're good to go. I translated some of the most important menus so if you decide to buy the game I can always send them to you.

As for the career mode, I find it enjoyable but I can imagine that people who really love a good story want to understand what's really going on. For example, you'll get plenty of phonecalls where you are asked to do a side mission. The phonecall itself won't help you much but if you accept the mission you can check the map to see where you need to go. Downside is that this way it doesn't really differ from you regular delivery mission. Some goes for missions where you need to give somebody a ride. It works because you can see where you need to drop the person off but you won't be able to enjoy his story which sometimes goes on for ages

The regular delivery missions in career mode which you can get at one of the warehouses across the map work fine. Pictures in the menu will make it clear what kind of goods you're dealing with, the map tells you where to go.

I think it all depends on what you want to do with the game.
If you just want to deliver goods from point A to B, do races against AI opponents and mess around with the different game settings (day/night etc.) then the Russian release will be enjoyable. If you want to get in depth with the game, get to know the characters, exactly know what's going on etc. then I think you can best wait for the English release.

I bought the game for only 10 euros and I love doing single missions with custom settings so for me it works. I might even buy the English version as well, knowing this release only cost me a tenner.

If you have any more questions let me know.
Agreed. Finding trough the menus will be fine after a short while.
There are some translations already out, where you can check back if you are not sure what you doing.
Anyway, i absolutely agree with novatekk, doing just haulin freight from a to b is workin pretty fine, you just drive, you dont bother about the language anyway then.
doing the whole story mode, go and wait for the eu/us release.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Registered Member

Thank you all for spending time answering this question. I think I am going to purchase it since I have been waiting so long and its only 17USD. Another thing I'm worried about is actually purchasing it, I don't want to do it wrong and end up not getting everything downloaded or something. I think purchasing it and downloading it is another task in itself.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

In that case you may want to consult with someone who has already done that, so you don't end up paying for something you don't want. Maybe somebody reading this thread can assist you.

Check out this post from Sneaksie http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=102

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-23-2009 at 02:49 PM.