Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Default Tested PC sticks on PS3

A number of requests for this.

Put the type of stick that you have tested in the title and your findings in the box i.e.

Deadzone -

Assigned buttons -

Hat switch -

etc.

Last edited by FilthyPrick; 12-15-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Default Saitek Cyborg Evo force feedback

Deadzones - adjusted successfully

Key assignments - OK, apart from zoom

Hat Switch - Cannot check to 6 o clock.

Other - additional power lead is a pain.

5/10
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Please, this thread would be useful. And add if you tested with arcade or simulator because it makes a difference, so i've heard. Older sticks are important too. And those two sticks for ps3 how are they after patch. And have anyone tried keyboard and mouse.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Default Logitech Extreme 3D PRO ($10)

Believe it or not my old pc flight stick worked lol

- I really recommend to all who buy flight sticks not to invest too much money on them, they all work the same, none can have Zoom customized, nor can check 6 o'clock with hatswitch. Unfortunately, all will give you the same results.

* Logitech Extreme 3D PRO (now are less than $10) "tested and it works"

* Works fine, I customized my own layout by combining this flight stick and my keyboard. (you cant assign Zoom to anything) and the throttle can not be assign to the throttle of the stick, Im sure same goes for all flight sticks)

* When the game came out I bought the Thrustmaster ($60) and sold it the next day, this old Logitech stick is less than $10 and gave me same results

* I will give it the highest score that I can give to a flight stick for this game * 3/5 *

P.S. "stick" but only to the pad
Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Saitek AV8R-03 (for ps3 and PC)

Deadzone - no problem since the patch- didnt even try to customize cause it was fine

Assigned buttons - Buttons locations is one of the downside of this stick. I did a mod on it to relocate the map and flap controls closer to the throttle. Evrything else works fine (exept the zoom...)

Hat switch - works prefecly. Needs a little gettin used to cause its doesnt have the same feel as the joystick on the pad but its pretty good imo

Other - the other big dowside is the twisting action of the stick for rudder control - this is the only thing that i trully hate about this thing - might try to do another mod where i would add a pedal bar...

So unless u dont care about doin mods to ur gear at the risk of having to buy another cause u broke it, the AV8R-03 is the stick for u lol
Old 12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Default Tested Mouse

I just tested my old logitech flight stick with the mouse and they do work together quite well. Right hand on the stick, left hand on the mouse (right click = zoom). This does make the game experience much more fun because you have complete control of freelook with the mouse, however, I still hate the idea of having the throttle on the stick's rudder. I still prefer the pad, it is much more comfortable.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
I just tested my old logitech flight stick with the mouse and they do work together quite well. Right hand on the stick, left hand on the mouse (right click = zoom). This does make the game experience much more fun because you have complete control of freelook with the mouse, however, I still hate the idea of having the throttle on the stick's rudder. I still prefer the pad, it is much more comfortable.
Can you assign mousewheel to throttle?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyPrick View Post
Deadzones - adjusted successfully

Key assignments - OK, apart from zoom

Hat Switch - Cannot check to 6 o clock.

Other - additional power lead is a pain.

5/10
Excuse my ignorance, but why do you need the additional power lead? For the F-feedback? I have the Cyborg evo (non F-f ) with just the one usb cable.I love the evo, been using it for years...Does the throttle work okay? I'm not worried about the zoom too much and am pretty used to not being able to see my six, except by yawing left and right.You can still see too 7 & 5 o'clock rear right?

Sorry for all the questions,

Thanks.

F_3

Last edited by Flagrum_3; 12-17-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why do you need the additional power lead? For the F-feedback? I have the Cyborg evo (non F-f ) with just the one usb cable.I love the evo, been using it for years...Does the throttle work okay? I'm not worried about the zoom too much and am pretty used to not being able to see my six, except by yawing left and right.You can still see too 7 & 5 o'clock rear right?

Sorry for all the questions,

Thanks.

F_3
The FF stick has an power lead in addition to the usb cable, probably for the feedback motor.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyPrick View Post
The FF stick has an power lead in addition to the usb cable, probably for the feedback motor.
Well that makes sense, anyways would really like to know the answers to the other two questions if you don't mind.

On the other hand, I just went to the Saitek site to check for driver updates and noticed they had a wireless EVO joystick!! Anyone here ever try it out? And/or anyother wireless sticks that might be worth looking at?

F_3