Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

@ Pook,

I don't play ANY games via multi-player/internet, but the rest of what you have said, seems to ring true. I can't believe I, and others waited so long, to be disappointed with the most recent events, and previous one to boot. 1C & RNR, have most certainly lost my business, and I can only assume many others, especially the English speaking community, and western nations. They need to learn, and listen to prospective buyers.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-15-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

Question DRM on boxed version?

Hi everyone. I was wondering about the Star-Force DRM, (That i have concerns with) is the DRM on the boxed version aswell or not, is all i'm asking.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Last edited by Jesse Tasca; 04-15-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Puntuation failure (lol)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Well I guess that counts me out as well then. Not that I was planning on buying it right after release but if it turned out to be a somewhat decent game I probably would have bought it eventually. All in all I'm not too fussed about it as it is clear RnR isn't the game I had expected it to be many years ago.

About the StarForce protection, shouldn't they notify buyers of that before they make a purchase? It seems to me that's pretty important information.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

USA Trucker:
Yes. Someone does not want to play multiplayer sometimes. I just know that our community wants to play most multipayer. But that is irrelevant. You can play singlplayer and others without compromising the play mutiplayer. Yes I only play network games. I like that. Racing simulators only play multiplayer. Artificial Intelligence I'm very tired. And the more at RNR! There is a very bad AI behavior. I'd just swapped all the chaotic behavior of the AI for 10 friends when playing multiplayer. That would be more happy than to watch the AI chaos on the road. When the artificial intelligence tech singlplayer mind me, but this is not true for RNR: D
Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Guys, please calm down a bit. There were rumors several years ago that disk protection SF affects DVD drives performance (and even breaks them) and system stability, but:

1) Current SF protection is online-activated DRM (you enter your key and the game activates). SF protection that checked DVD disk is long obsolete and, obviously, you don't have a DVD disk in the first place if you buy the game online.
2) Rumours that this old SF disk protection adversly affected anything are just a weird urban legend, likely inspired by the fact that SF disk protection was harder to crack than it's competitors in most cases. If you have even a basic undersanding of how PCs work, you would know that it is very difficult to do something on software level to break the hardware. SF is a commercial product, not a trojan on fraud site, why would it's creators even want to damage your PC or data in any way? It is not proven that disk protection SF affected DVD drives or system stability in any way to this day.

Believe it or not - it's up to you. Most 1C titles being sold online use online SF ProActive DRM, just for your information.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

@ Sneaksie

I think you are a bit mis-informed. The problem with Starforce DRM is not just Disk protection, but also is digital downloading too. Although Starforce is not directly being sued, companies that use Starforce are, such as Ubisoft, that no longer use it, due to consumer pressure, and a $5 million suit still active. I'm pretty sure that I speak for most of us, when I say that we would feel safer with our purchase if Starforce was dropped.

This game seems to have a lot of reported problems, this among them, just puts the icing on the cake. This is not a matter of opinion, but is fact. Just Google Starforce DRM, and see all the negative publicity it has, plus pending, and past suits related to Starforce. This is not urban legend, or rumors as you stated. Rumors, and urban legend do not go to court for the most part. A class action suit means that there are many people reporting the same, or similar problems.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-16-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
2) Rumours that this old SF disk protection adversly affected anything are just a weird urban legend, likely inspired by the fact that SF disk protection was harder to crack than it's competitors in most cases. If you have even a basic undersanding of how PCs work, you would know that it is very difficult to do something on software level to break the hardware. SF is a commercial product, not a trojan on fraud site, why would it's creators even want to damage your PC or data in any way? It is not proven that disk protection SF affected DVD drives or system stability in any way to this day.

Believe it or not - it's up to you. Most 1C titles being sold online use online SF ProActive DRM, just for your information.
This is not a legend. I long ago bought ORIGINAL GT Legends. Unfortunately, it was a defect on the disk, and I never triggered the original. Nowhere in the installation was not written warning that the product contains SF. Read here the issue of SF and then to here concluded that no such thing in my PC I do not want, so I uninstalled the game and returned me back to the dealer money. But I not knew that this protection remained in SF my PC even though I uninstalled the game and challenged me with various other programs that protection which they had nothing in common. After two weeks, I destroyed the DVD rom. X times spontaneously without cause a hard reboot and blue death.
I was with this unhappy. I did not know where the problem lies. So I read on SF even more and that I have found here that SF manually remove the worm!. After uninstall SF all problems stopped!!!!! Unfortunately, the DVD rom was forever destroyed. And after I uninstall SF virus found 10 viruses! And my anti-virus before it did not report anything. So it's virus open link protection. Active worm. Attention active as a worm has the same powers as the operating system. Is a superior operating system, and that's the PRINCIPLE is crap. I do not know why I should legally allow this crap to the PC ....

Why would developers do this?? To harm the system??
reply: Because it is a Russian specialty. Russian temperament human rights abuses. When get for profit is not to look left, right and just interested in profits. This is something that has side effects, that someone pays for the Russian mentality interested. Especially earnings. This is important and something that has side effects "" So what! Thing is that we sell. The question was why? Answer because it is the Russian temperament .... probably had a hangover of communism and dictatorship, repression and human rights etc etc. etc

But I was talking about the old SF. I can not yet say anything about the new generation of SF. Because I have experience fills. I always run away when I know that includes SF. Then I have a new generation of SF experience ...
Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Tasca View Post
Hi everyone. I was wondering about the Star-Force DRM, (That i have concerns with) is the DRM on the boxed version aswell or not, is all i'm asking.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
I have not heard of a retail version availability as of yet. One can only assume that Star-Force DRM would be placed there too when it's out in stores. Lots of games out there on DVD/CD need to be activated on-line these days. I don't see where RNR would differ.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

I see. Thanks anyway, but i think im just going to go trough with buying the game, as im not hearing the any complaints from thoso who own the Russian version of the game.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Default No speed limit?!

I noticed that police doent pull you over when you speeding....is it true?