Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars)

Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars) Sequel to Fantasy Wars. Turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Default waiting on perks

I just started a new game, and I'm thinking about withholding perks from the starting, basic units until I can get them upgraded. The higher tier units seem to have better perk choices, but I've never seen the low-level choices for the high-tier units. I've looked around and no one seems to have collected the list of perks available to all the units by level. Anyone ever try this? Is it a waste of time?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Default Not a good idea

I haven't waited too long, but the perks for Elven Hunters and Fencers are exactly the same (up to fourth level and third respectively) as the Veteran versions of the same units. There's a difference between Spears and Flamewardens starting at third level, and I like the Wardens' better but not much.

I think you shouldn't give perks to the conscripts you start with until you can upgrade them, but other than that, don't bother waiting.

Of course, some high-tier unit's perks might change my mind...