Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

Arrow Rig 'n' Roll Vs. Hard Truck 2.

I just noticed the release of Hard Truck 2 @ yuPlay. If anyone gives it a try please let us know how it compares.

Thanks,

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-30-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobd View Post
I just noticed the release of Hard Truck 2 @ yuPlay. If anyone gives it a try please let us know how it compares.

Thanks,
there's no compairison. rig n roll is much better than hard truck 2. I got hard truck 2 back when I was 11 or so and played that for a long time and there's no compairison between that and rig n roll. The tractors in hard truck 2 do look more realistic but you can only pull a tri axle trailer or a tandem tanker. The trucks in hard truck to are mostly european as well. there aren't many twin screws they're mostly single axles or straight trucks. Ran into a lot of problems with keeping the front of the truck on the ground when it came to single axle tractors and pulling a trailer. especially going up a hill. Also in hard truck 2 you have to dodge land mines in certain places which isn't fun at all. best if you have cheats. You don't have as many upgrade options and well other than the tractors looking more realistic the graphics are worthless. the terrain doesn't look to realistic at all in my opinion. however you can blow tires in hard truck 2 (when they get really worn of course) and I've yet to blow a drive or steer in rig n roll (and i don't buy tires until it's absolutly necessary almost wish I wrecked my truck more so I had to fix it). The damage on rig n roll is much more realistic unlike hard truck 2 you can tear ferrings off well knock em loose anyway, blow suspension out, break tire rods and center links, etc and you can't do that in hard truck 2. it's more basic you can blow tires, lose your brakes (you'll see smoke but won't hear the grinding of the shoes against the drums like in rig n roll you don't see sparks either) and dent hoods (if i remember right you can lose the hood as well) tear lights and bumpers off but you can't bend stacks (if I recall) or anything of that sort. You can drive cars in hard truck 2 (kinda stupid in my opinion because it's a trucking game). you do get to hook up your own trailers in hard truck but you don't go to ware houses you drive by a stupid building type thing which i guess could be considered a loading dock but it ain't like one I've ever seen. also in rig n roll your trucks run actual speeds my pete WOULD run 80 flat land in 5th gear at full throttle however it won't run that anymore and I'm in the process of trying to figure you why. where as in hard truck I was lucky to hit 50 or 55 in my pete pulling 4 tons of cargo. and you can't hire a driver unless YOU supply the licence for them. and you don't buy the tractor for them they supply their own so you can't run a fleet of the tractors that you want (i run catfish, w9s, and 379s). So overall rig n roll's a lo better. one thing I do like about rig n roll is having to use the clutch to shift, but hard truck if it's not in first or neutral when you stop the truck'll die so there's good and bad to both but hard trucks got more bad than rig n roll.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Pete379exhd, I thought it was a new sim. Very impressive reply especially by a young man.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

Well hard truck 2 I have still got and King of the road. You can make the clutch work kinda and use a splitter box on the G25. I had mine setup to split 4 gears into 5 or something and the clutch set to mine. Im always going to like the game I spent many hours of my childhood on that game. Rig N Roll is a good game but it has lots of silly little bugs and bad optimization but if you like truck games you will end up liking it more than the so called simulators SCS spew out every few months but from what I hear they are working on a new game with better physics and models
Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Oh, I remember Hard Truck 2... We had a completely translated version and called Kelyje 2 (translating back to english it would be more like "On the Road 2" ) and I've had a strange idea from somewhere that it was rig n' roll first...

Hard truck 2 is alot older compared graphicaly, however quite a few things were a lot beter. For example trucks withouth trailers (like the ZIL which was the starting vechicle), the police as well (you could actualy bribe them), mafia (stoled vechicles if you wanted them cheaper).

Ok, so Rig N' Roll has only trailer trucks... However aside from some side job you find you get all the cargo automaticaly. Takes away the whole fun of having to back up to the trailer to hook it up and park it again...
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellduke View Post
oh, i remember hard truck 2... We had a completely translated version and called kelyje 2 (translating back to english it would be more like "on the road 2" :d) and i've had a strange idea from somewhere that it was rig n' roll first...

Hard truck 2 is alot older compared graphicaly, however quite a few things were a lot beter. For example trucks withouth trailers (like the zil which was the starting vechicle), the police as well (you could actualy bribe them), mafia (stoled vechicles if you wanted them cheaper).

Ok, so rig n' roll has only trailer trucks... However aside from some side job you find you get all the cargo automaticaly. Takes away the whole fun of having to back up to the trailer to hook it up and park it again...
the problem in hard truck 2 was u had to drive to random parking lots to buy/hire trucks but its still has that race with loads and got more damage to trucks