Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Approved Member

What a cracker of a first post! Even though your not into games like COD, I'm sure the community owes you a big Thank you!

Pitty about the concern with VAC, I play online mostly though off-liners will be fairly happy!

Hopefully with a fix on the table the devs will be able to sneak a micro patch past the been counters for Windows 8 compatability

Cheers! (I don't own windows 8 yet but my brother does and has been frustrated with the lack of COD! Will direct him to your post!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on these forums so I'd like to say hi to everyone.

It's worth nothing that I don't play "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" (don't judge me, it's just not my type of game).

Anyway, my friend approached me with a issue at the end of last week regarding "Cliffs of Dover", that it was not playable under Windows® 8 so I said to him I'd have a look at it for him (I finally got around to it yesterday evening).

Good news, I have managed to get it working under Windows® 8.
When I say working I mean to the point where the game says "Steam must be running to play Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.", this is a lot better than crashing silently to the Desktop (since I don't actually own the game I will not proceed beyond this point).

I'm just waiting on my friend to get home this evening (GMT+2) to test that the game does in fact run correctly, after he confirms this I'll release the tool to the masses.

Watch this space, hopefully you'll be back up in the sky in a few short hours.

Link(s):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74194854/CloDer_v0.0.0.1.7z

MD5: C629779081C61029EBE562F4A329FCC8

MD5: 4AE9679F235DDDEA269656C3DCABEB1B (attached .zip)

For more information regarding this fix please read the enclosed readme ("CloDer_Readme.txt").

Enjoy,
sYk0.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 11-20-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by submarinex1 View Post
the guy who found the fix for this should be given a free game. nothing from 1c over issue someones fixed who don't even work for them.
Lol, thanks submarinex1, unfortunately I don't play this type of game, just happy that I could help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken pixel View Post
I'm sure it took no time for him to figure out a fix yet 1C devs would of never even tried to find a solition.
In all honesty, it didn't take too long to figure out the issue, hopefully the devs catch on and make an official update (however, from what I have read, official support has been suspended/terminated until the next game/add-on release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Pitty about the concern with VAC, I play online mostly though off-liners will be fairly happy!

Hopefully with a fix on the table the devs will be able to sneak a micro patch past the been counters for Windows 8 compatability
Hi Skoshi Tiger, as I have stated in the readme, "CloDer.dll" should be unloaded from memory once the game starts (how Steam will see this is unknown to me, it could detect it as an exploit).
You would have to speak to one of the developers to verify that the game is in fact protected with VAC (or another online protection scheme), if it isn't you (your brother, everyone) should be safe to play online.
Until you get clarification on the above issue I would suggest you don't play online (unless someone goes Kamikaze and tries it out online).
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

Thankyou for your effort sir ~S~

I only play online, so I'd love further info on this
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post

In all honesty, it didn't take too long to figure out the issue, ...
Typical modesty from him - it took longer to copy my game file onto his mobile 'phone during a flying visit than it took him to produce a fix.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

And still no reply from developers. Can one of admins forward this thread to 1C?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

now answer has been found it shouldn't be hard for devs to issue proper fix to their game so vac wouldn't even be issue(if it is) maybe we should get valve to contact sky I am sure there's other things he could fix
Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadczar View Post
And still no reply from developers. Can one of admins forward this thread to 1C?
Whatfor? Development for CloD has stopped for good.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Hate to bring sad news, but it does not work for me. Steam tries to install VC redist package and then nothing. I've copied the files to the COD directory and I've ran CloDer both in normal and admin mode. I've verified files through steam and reapplied the patch, but nothing.
Sadface.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Whatfor? Development for CloD has stopped for good.
It could be seen as a common courtesy to fix something this critical for their player base. That's what most PC developers (I know of) does. It's not an error that only apply to, say, a certain graphics card, it affects every single Win 8 user, and it only (afaik) affects this one game. That's what most PC developers (I know of) would do.

EDIT: Even if they don't plan to release a patch, they could at least warn about this on steam. I would have liked to know this, as the bug somewhat lessens my enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by theleif; 11-20-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Fantastic it works and yes it appears to be allot smoother than Windows 7. Just one thing my engines now appear to be permanently running on the air strip what am I missing

Thanks again