Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
BUZARD

Lame!!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZARD View Post
Seeing as the game is being ruined by lack of skirmish modes,
wut? so the original Men of War and Red Tide were ruined as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZARD View Post
we are paying good money for half a game here guys!
no, you're not. neither MoW nor Red Tide had a skirmish mode in addition to their campaigns. Assault Squad on the other hand does have a skirmish mode, but no scripted, story-driven campaign.

by your logic, each of these games would have to be considered incomplete.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
BUZARD

Yep,,, by my logic those games also were incomplete yes!! not completely ruined but,, definitely incomplete!!! replay and longevity were not considered so ultimately it ruins the game because you cant keep going back to it.

Once we have played thru the campaign once or twice then its game over!!! no replay factor,, no longevity!! so yes!! and YES!! no need to try and make me look like a hypocrite, i know what im saying. There is such a thing as innovation with game releases,, in other words you improve upon your last release in order not to appear to be 'ripping off' the fans!!

RTS games with no replay factor are finite and therefor bordering on pointless!

Now im not slagging off these games completely,, they are IMO the best of whats available and i have played most PC RTS titles for 10 + years.

Does seem like a step backwards tho,, i have played 'Assault Squad' to death while waiting for MOW-V,, the Skirmish mode in 'AS' tho having good potential was inherently flawed!! because the 10 flags on the maps were always in the same positions so every game was more or less the same.

Then you release the next game with less content in it,,, i come on here to complain and you just say,, if you want Skirmish go back to 'Assault Squad'!!,, i don't think you guys can possibly be true gamers,, because if you were you would know the importance of replay factor!!!