Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Default Female Paladin

There are a few things I need to convey first. To begin with, I haven't been able to find any modding documentation anywhere. Assuming Katauri took a "material speaks for itself" approach, I had to dig into data files and intuit their functionality.

Secondly, they've made an incredible title. It's deceptively simple, but packed with continuous day's worth of playtime. That said, when I first picked it up last sunday, I was extremely disappointed when I discovered there were no female characters available. Noting the upcoming sequel "Armored Princess", I downloaded the Russian demo and proceeded with my plan to have King's Bounty: The Legend with a female character. Thankfully, that plan worked.

This is little more than a swapping of program resources.

Custom start screen

Female Paladin

Running Around

You can do this yourself using the same method I did. It is important to note that, while I wouldn't mind creating a mod file, lacking the proper documentation for modding I cannot do so without errors. Therefore, you'll just have to hit it at the source: the actual game data files (which is what I did). Do so at your own risk and don't forget to backup.

Interesting enough, those "KFS" files appear to be little more than zip files. So open them with WinRAR (or pick your poison) and drop the corresponding files, from the archive I'm posting, into the appropriate locations.

Those of you interested in modding, the game uses Lua for scripting logic and plain text files for data sets. Media files are located in the \data folder and scripts/txts are in the \sessions\base\ses.kfs file. I found it because I went looking last night to fix Invisibility. Didn't seem right that the more expensive version of a spell had a lower proportional return in value than a lower spell.

Anyway, enjoy the female paladin. Cheers!

DOWNLOAD: Filefront

Last edited by Atriace; 05-29-2009 at 07:29 AM.