Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Ice meets Fire

1C Company announces the release date of King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. Ice and Fire.

Ice and Fire is the official DLC to the released in 2012 King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North.

King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. Ice and Fire is scheduled to be released digitally on January 30th 2014.

Ice and Fire features:
  • Creature skill system – lead your troops through dozens of battles and they will become stronger than ever!
  • Snow Elves – a new Elven nation that prefers snow and blizzard of the Ice Gardens instead of the green forests of Merlassar.
  • Necrolizards – a new kind of the undead, Lizardmen that have risen from the dead.
  • New locations to explore.
  • Over 20 new creatures.
  • Revamped creatures of King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North.
  • New items with unique attributes.
  • Over 20 hours of additional gameplay.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Is this new campaign separate from the WotN campaign (like the separate campaigns in Crossworlds) or is it just new islands and game mechanics for the WotN campaign? I'm hoping it's separate...
Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Is this new campaign separate from the WotN campaign (like the separate campaigns in Crossworlds) or is it just new islands and game mechanics for the WotN campaign? I'm hoping it's separate...
Ice and Fire is integrated into WotN campaign.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Ice and Fire is integrated into WotN campaign.
Just like Orc on the March? I hope you guys do a little tweak to the WOTN campaign and fix the remaining bugs at least
Old 01-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

I really hope there has been made some serious adjustments to the game. Crossworlds was 10 times better than warriors of the north. The story is way to linear and you are forced to have the same units on the 4 first islands. Which instantly turns you off to playing it again. Not to mention the amount of battles resembles King's Bounty Legend, rather than Crossworlds. In crossworlds you can actually see yourself on the way to the next level. In Legend and in Warriors of the North, it is one long tough grind.

I really think the next King's Bounty game should be focused on replay value. Even more so than crossworlds was. Not sure how you would go about it, but the make it a lot more random which islands you get to in which order, make it more random which units you find in the different stores, as well as which items.

Also I wonder why you are removing units in order to put other units into the game? Is there something in the programming code that makes it difficult to have over a certain number of different units?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

And I would like to add that the most dangerous thing to a strategy game, is linearity. Linearity works for first person shooters and so on, but name me one single linear strategy game that is a succes.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I never understood why the Lizardmen had to be removed from WOTN and added only as summonables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklegionary View Post
Just like Orc on the March? I hope you guys do a little tweak to the WOTN campaign and fix the remaining bugs at least
Seconded. I have replayed TL and AP and Crossworlds multiple times, but I haven't even managed to finish WOTN even once, I was so annoyed by the bugs and the bad system and boring storyline. It's sad, and one of the cases where I'd really, really want to like a game, but... can't. KB has been a godsend for me in the era where turn-based games are rare or no good (see Heroes VI), and I had high hopes for WOTN after Crossworlds... Hope you guys fired the WOTN team and re-hired the people who did the previous three games to fix the bugs and breath new life into it. I want to support 1C as much as I can since you are the best at turn-based fantasy strategy now, but I need reassurances this won't turn out as terribly as WOTN did.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Yeah, I never understood why the Lizardmen had to be removed from WOTN and added only as summonables.

Seconded. I have replayed TL and AP and Crossworlds multiple times, but I haven't even managed to finish WOTN even once, I was so annoyed by the bugs and the bad system and boring storyline. It's sad, and one of the cases where I'd really, really want to like a game, but... can't. KB has been a godsend for me in the era where turn-based games are rare or no good (see Heroes VI), and I had high hopes for WOTN after Crossworlds... Hope you guys fired the WOTN team and re-hired the people who did the previous three games to fix the bugs and breath new life into it. I want to support 1C as much as I can since you are the best at turn-based fantasy strategy now, but I need reassurances this won't turn out as terribly as WOTN did.
Absolutely agree with how good Crossworlds is, even now. WoTN a big disappointment and I doubt the DLC will fix it, just add more grinding. I was never a fan of HoMM in the past, but I recently bought HoMM VI and played about 50 hours of it. I liked it okay at first but pretty soon I started to realise that I was going to be using the same units and same spells OVER AND OVER. I got bored and started playing Crossworlds again

So, let's hope we're wrong at the new DLC is worth it, but I'm not going to be the first one to buy it, put it that way.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Ah! Not an expansion... Oh well, better than nothing. For me, Armoured Princess is still the best King's Bounty ever.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-global View Post
Ah! Not an expansion... Oh well, better than nothing. For me, Armoured Princess is still the best King's Bounty ever.
Yeah, Warriors of the North is a royal screw-up, no matter how I look at it. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and fun, but with all the bug and having to play all the same maps all over again backwards feels like a low-budget release.

My favorite is "The Legend"; however the upgrades/additions in Armoured Princess are real nice and give a good competition.