Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

Default Is Level 60 max rage level?

I hope not... I don't even have the final skill in the middle yet?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

I've been wondering as well if it would be better to stop using rage skills until I get the two last ones (in Hades, rage at lvl 40+ right now). I don't want the upgrades for the rest of the skills anyway... (either I don't use them or the cost goes up too much or the upgrade effect is useless)

I think you should get access to the last rage skills earlier - or at least there should be skill-specific leveling, so you can level the last skills properly.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

definatly not, I hit 71 rage yesterday.

but that includes the valkery that grant +28 to rage....
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironballs View Post
definatly not, I hit 71 rage yesterday.

but that includes the valkery that grant +28 to rage....
Question was about LEVEL not how much total rage you can get.

I had about 100 Rage when I first got to Greenwort (as a Skald). Sorta off topic, but just thought I'd mention it.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Dammit. I was wondering if it capped at some point. I think that this is one of the huge disadvantages of trying to mix the Spirits of Rage-esque Valkyries with the Baby Dragon's leveling system.

I mean the only big advantage of the whole thing (in my opinion) was that Olaf's and the Valkyries' abilities didn't have common cooldowns.

Edit:
I wonder if it's possible to mod the game so that the Valkyries and Olaf leveled up independently of each other, similar to how Spirits of Rage leveled up in The Legend.

Last edited by Nevar; 11-14-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
Dammit. I was wondering if it capped at some point. I think that this is one of the huge disadvantages of trying to mix the Spirits of Rage-esque Valkyries with the Baby Dragon's leveling system.

I mean the only big advantage of the whole thing (in my opinion) was that Olaf's and the Valkyries' abilities didn't have common cooldowns.

Edit:
I wonder if it's possible to mod the game so that the Valkyries and Olaf leveled up independently of each other, similar to how Spirits of Rage leveled up in The Legend.
They do level up independently just like Armored Princess. Never played KB:TL. I'm guessing you mean per usage, level them up? I'm OK with the current system as I think it is fine I can strengthen other rage skills or rotate them by using other rage skills. Just make it uncapped like in Armored Princess or to a point where you can get all of the skills maxed out.

I'm at Rage Level 60. It is indeed, capped. I think it is an oversight: a bug.

Just beat the undead dragon's army. Used up 555 rage in that battle, got zero rage experience points.

Normal experience points, I got 31K experience points in a single battle, just got to Olaf level 46... I definitely should have gotten a rage level.

91K out of 91K "rage" experience points when I mouse over the battle screen, RAGE LEVEL maxed, I'm missing the last rage skill.

This means you have to pace the game to get all the skills you want, then level up only selectively. At least now I know for my second play through or they will probably patch it later? (or does anyone know how to patch it?)

GREAT JOB guys. Just great. Except they are wrong. My personal, current rage is MUCH higher than level 60. It's about 9000 right now.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 11-14-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Oh, sorry. In Kb:Tl each spirit had its own level. Applying it to this, it would be like:

Christa uses Christa's Gift -> Christa gains experience -> Christa gets to improve her own ability at level up (i.e. 3 different upgrade choices for ONLY Christa's Gift)

The others wouldn't level if they weren't used. I can see that such a system could seriously imbalance the game (more so, I mean) but it would remove quite a bit of the frustration of pacing your Rage usage.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
Oh, sorry. In Kb:Tl each spirit had its own level. Applying it to this, it would be like:

Christa uses Christa's Gift -> Christa gains experience -> Christa gets to improve her own ability at level up (i.e. 3 different upgrade choices for ONLY Christa's Gift)

The others wouldn't level if they weren't used. I can see that such a system could seriously imbalance the game (more so, I mean) but it would remove quite a bit of the frustration of pacing your Rage usage.
Yeah I had a feeling that is what you meant mid-way through my post, but there is NOTHING really wrong with this current system as long as they don't cap it.

Or, what would make it better would be to let me DEFER rage upgrades. I typically sit on a huge surplus of runes for this purpose. I only get skills until I absolutely need it. I'd rather have sat on a surplus of valkyrie upgrades.

It feels very random now and a "hope I get lucky" and get the rage upgrade I want.

Pretty sure in Armored Princess, hitting max rage level only made you lose one or two upgrades of the rage skills. Here, I'm missing probably 15+ upgrades.

Although, to be frank, I don't really need any more of the new rage skills, it is just frustrating.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

I totally agree.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Rage skills lvlup easy to fix :
game folder/sessions/addon/ses.kfs/arena.txt , there is string of numbers exptable=30,60,100... that is exp needed to lvlup rage skills. It goes up to 70000 at 60lvl. For more lvl`s just add numbers after last 70K, but remember that in impossible there is x1,3 for rage so you need 30% more exp then is listed in arena.txt file like you saw your rage caped out on 91000 which is 70000x1,3.
So if you for expl add 10 more lvls and max is on 85000, then in impossible game you`ll need actually 85000x1,3=110500 exp for that 80lvl rage in game.
Add as much lvl`s you want, save file, close archive and return to game.
Thing i`m not 100% sure is do you need to start new game, or it will accept new lvls in already started
Hope this helped you at all.

@Nevar
But in the Legend, each spirit had 4 skills, so it was 16 rage skills total and each of those skills had it own rest. So you could use weaker skill every battle turn, or use 1 strong skill and w8 3-4 turns to cooldown and there was strategy in planing which rage ksill to use when.
AP and WotN you have 9, so if you lvlup each Valk only after using her specific rage skill they would have horrible exp gain due to each skill rest period, and when it get to be used again enemy army is much smaller and exp will be insignificant for every skill use after first 5-6 battle turns.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 11-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.