Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Any ideas on how to install this on the Mac version? There is no addons/mods folder that I can find.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

@Zechnophobe, do you know if this mod was officially incorporated into the game? If it has been (they hinted at english fixes in the last patch) then I'd like to update the bugs thread under text and tooltips to change everything green to grey. That would mean issues resolved by your mod were officially included.

If anyone reading is playing without this language mod, let me know if anything has been fixed that I've listed under text, menus and tooltips here.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

The whole work for German and I would be happy. ^^
Old 03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I'm working on a better english translation of the game myself - mostly focusing on the spell/skill descriptions, and NPC dialogue, as although I am not a native english speaker, the translation of the game is painful to read even to me...
Old 03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Here is a quick Language mod for all the spell description (including Wanderer Scrolls) for the game. I tried to fix most of the grammatical errors, as well as update the description to be more accurate where it was needed (I mean, how many more games before they add that Battle Cry is a MASS spell? or that Turn Back Time restores lost units?) Got rid of the annoying "3 of a round" stuff as well.

Obviously, as I have not finished the game and tried all the spells yet, I might be wrong in some cases (though I did check the spell mechanics where possible), so if anyone finds some problems, please let me know.

Feel free to use this, just copy it inside loc.ses.

Btw, discovered you can delete spells from the Favourites now while doing this. Nifty!
Attached Files
File Type: zip eng_spells.zip (22.1 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 03-16-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Your text is much improved from the default. It would be nicer if you could package it as a mod, though.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryak2002 View Post
Your text is much improved from the default. It would be nicer if you could package it as a mod, though.
Thanks!

Sorry I lack the time nowadays. I was at home due to an accident when I made this, with lots of free time.

If anyone wishes to use it as a mod, feel free to change it.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Registered Member

I have read through this thread numerous times and I can't work out if either of these two language mods are still relevant or if they should be used together or one overrides the other...

I have extracted the files and can see they are different to the originals as the sizes are different. I am using them in the game now but can't tell if they have changed anything as I didn't know what they were fixing.

If someone knows it would be great to let us know as then the hard work that went into making these mods will be better utilised.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

lol, I'll make a reply to this thread 4 years after the last post then !

1) is this mod still useful ? Well there is a picture of the result of this mod in the 2nd post of this thread, on the 1st page. It's about the phantom ability of the rune mages. You have access to them when you reach the 2nd part of the game, reaching greenswort without any army (and I find it's unfair to have to give up the vikings at this point and it's like starting another crossworlds here, but easier, anyway it's not the subject). So in the original game without the mod in the description of this ability you have something like "this unit dies until it dies" !!! See the picture for the result with the mod, in short yeah clearly it's still useful ! That was the main drawback of warriors of the north, this forum was abandonned and everythinhg here was ignored.

2) to install the mod, the file downloadable in the 1st post gives a "ZechLang Mod.kfs" file which is actually a rar file. Well for me mods are recognized only when they are zip files ! So you need to extract the files from this in a directory and then zip them to a file with this same name, then place it in session\addon.

Thanks for the work anyway to the original author, it's a pity there was not more development around this game, with such an amount of lua inside it's almost an open source game !
Old 10-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Zechnophobe for your work!
and zelurker, you helped me finally get this mod to work by your post.