Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 07-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahes64 View Post
Thanks for the answer, but can you explain more?

You're welcome. I will try to give you some more details from what I remember.

Quote:
Right now I am playing as Daert the vampire lvl 65 (I think i am near end of the game)

I remember that before fully conquering Portland, i traveled to Atrixus and then to Helvedia, for easy loots, free units and important scrolls. I am sure i have talked to everyone while i was exploring those maps, but i don't remember him talking about such things.

Could it be that this quest is broken because of early visit?

I don't think that the quest is broken. It might be, that you first need to fulfill all quests in Helvedia, but I'm not sure. Normally with Level 65 you should be far enough in the game to get the quest. I've always completed Helvedia as one of the last regions and never had problems to get the quest. What makes it a bit tricky is the fact, that there seems to be no obvious trigger for the art/painting-dialogue with Demiurge.

Quote:
I also gave Julia's potrait back to herself. (I read somewhere that i should not have done this, but i am not sure whether it breaks the quest or not)

You should be able to get 10 protraits, even if you're playing the Standard-Edition (without Amazonia) and gave back Julia's Protrait to her. It is really close, but should work.

Quote:
Do i need to do anything special before that option appears?

I'm not sure (see above). There is a trigger, but I have no idea which.

Quote:
Also in case that this quest is not broken, does he take portraits one by one or take all of them in one go?

Good question. I went back to him after having collected all possible protraits. When you then talk to him, he will ask you what portrait you want to give him for the exposition....this dialogue is one by one, but I have no idea how it works, when you go to him with one portrait after the other. I think you will then get only one dialogue-option for the portrait you have in your inventory.

Hope it will help you a bit!

BR

J.B.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You're welcome. I will try to give you some more details from what I remember.

I don't think that the quest is broken. It might be, that you first need to fulfill all quests in Helvedia, but I'm not sure. Normally with Level 65 you should be far enough in the game to get the quest. I've always completed Helvedia as one of the last regions and never had problems to get the quest. What makes it a bit tricky is the fact, that there seems to be no obvious trigger for the art/painting-dialogue with Demiurge.

You should be able to get 10 protraits, even if you're playing the Standard-Edition (without Amazonia) and gave back Julia's Protrait to her. It is really close, but should work.

I'm not sure (see above). There is a trigger, but I have no idea which.

Good question. I went back to him after having collected all possible protraits. When you then talk to him, he will ask you what portrait you want to give him for the exposition....this dialogue is one by one, but I have no idea how it works, when you go to him with one portrait after the other. I think you will then get only one dialogue-option for the portrait you have in your inventory.

Hope it will help you a bit!

BR

J.B.
Thanks for the reply.

I have already finished Atrixus and Helvedia but Galenirim, Bear Butte, Okkarland, and Amazonia completely remain. I was trying to do harder enemies first and then come back to weaker ones, for sake of obtaining absurd medal of "Mercy", which now seems impossible to get! because now even "very weak" enemies fearlessly attack my strong army headlong!

I remember that at some point my leadeship gain increased to 500 but next levelup it reseted to 250. Now i always gain 250 leadership for level ups!

Maybe this a bug which make me unable to have larger army and thus unable to obtain this medal!
In case you have played as Orc or Demoness, can you tell me whether leadeship gain resets for them too or not?

Quote:
Does it mean that Normal Edition lack this island?
As i understand this portrait quest is only present at Premium Edition pf the game.
Maybe this portrait quest is somehow related to that island too!
I am going to do Amazonia quests to see whether this assumption is true.

I have two questions about Amazonia:

There is a girl at the only land-able spot of the island, which attacks as soon as we land. Right click tooltip on her says that she has 12 Dragon Riders in her army, but there is none of them in her army to fight with. Do i need to do any special quest before encountering her, for making those Dragon Riders participate in fight?

Also there is an enemy hero with the name of "Unknown Pirate", is he connected to any quest?
Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I have already finished Atrixus and Helvedia but Galenirim, Bear Butte, Okkarland, and Amazonia completely remain. I was trying to do harder enemies first and then come back to weaker ones, for sake of obtaining absurd medal of "Mercy", which now seems impossible to get! because now even "very weak" enemies fearlessly attack my strong army headlong!

The Mercy-Medal is nearly impossible to get, even on easy difficulty. You named the problem: Also very weak enemies attack you in most cases. And there is another point! Some enemies carry quest-related items (e.g. weapons for one of the Tristrem-Quests...I found one of those on Inselburg!) and you will miss them, if you let them flee in order to obtain this medal.

Quote:
I remember that at some point my leadeship gain increased to 500 but next levelup it reseted to 250. Now i always gain 250 leadership for level ups!

Maybe this a bug which make me unable to have larger army and thus unable to obtain this medal!
In case you have played as Orc or Demoness, can you tell me whether leadeship gain resets for them too or not?

I played as demoness and the only thing I've figured out is the fact, that there is a point (after reaching Level 50 iirc) in the game, after that you get less runes and leadership. But the leadership you get after each Level-up always stays the same. As demoness it was +500 after Level 50.

Quote:
Does it mean that Normal Edition lack this island?
As i understand this portrait quest is only present at Premium Edition pf the game.
Maybe this portrait quest is somehow related to that island too!
I am going to do Amazonia quests to see whether this assumption is true.
The normal Edition does not contain Amazonia and Okkarland, but you should be able to get the portrait-quest even in this Edition, as there are exactly 10 Portraits to get (if you gave Julia back hers) without the content of the premium edition.

Quote:
I have two questions about Amazonia:

There is a girl at the only land-able spot of the island, which attacks as soon as we land. Right click tooltip on her says that she has 12 Dragon Riders in her army, but there is none of them in her army to fight with. Do i need to do any special quest before encountering her, for making those Dragon Riders participate in fight?

You have to fight this girl (Princess Marina) when you arrive at Amazonia for the first time. It's a kind of test, if you're worth to visit the amazones.

Attention: As you may have seen, the landing spot for your boat is very small! If you travel to Amazonia for the first time and get out of there with Blackies help (Teleport), your boat might get stuck, as another one appears in the "Harbor" after you get the first quests (or come back the second time...don't know exactly). As you are not able to fly (!!!) on Amazonia, but need a boat there for some parts of the quests, you should travel to and from Amazonia by boat only, until it is no longer required!

Dragon Riders: When I fought her, she never had Dragon Riders in her army. Most of the troops were Amazones, so if you see the Dragon Riders in the tooltip and they do not participate in the fight, this might be a bug.

Quote:
Also there is an enemy hero with the name of "Unknown Pirate", is he connected to any quest?

As far as I remember, he is not related to any quest. For one of the Amazonia-Quests new enemies on sea will be generated after obtaining it.

BR

J.B.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The Mercy-Medal is nearly impossible to get, even on easy difficulty. You named the problem: Also very weak enemies attack you in most cases. And there is another point! Some enemies carry quest-related items (e.g. weapons for one of the Tristrem-Quests...I found one of those on Inselburg!) and you will miss them, if you let them flee in order to obtain this medal.
Yeah, this certainly sucks big time.
As a mage character i should concentrate on mana/intellect increasing items but i ruined my play-through by buying and equipping every item that reduce undead/vampire/necromancer/black knight leadership requirement (Also because of another unpleasant aspect of the game that prevented spawning of some of such items, i gave one of each such items to myself via cheat codes), and filling rest of my slot with leadership increasing items, in hope of obtaining lvl 3 of this absurd medal. Also i have lvl 3 of the medal that reduces female leadership requirement. Now at lvl 65 with 27000 leadership i have a gigantic army that consist of 1000 female vampires, 950 normal vampires, 400 ancient vampires, 300 necromancers and 400 black knights, but still failed to scare enough stacks to even get lvl 1 of this absurd medal!

They should have made the game, in a way, that number of times, that we use merciful spells (such as blind, slow, sheep,...), would be counted toward this medal.

Quote:
I played as demoness and the only thing I've figured out is the fact, that there is a point (after reaching Level 50 iirc) in the game, after that you get less runes and leadership. But the leadership you get after each Level-up always stays the same. As demoness it was +500 after Level 50.
So this situation is not exclusive only to vampire. Thanks for confirmation.

Quote:
The normal Edition does not contain Amazonia and Okkarland, but you should be able to get the portrait-quest even in this Edition, as there are exactly 10 Portraits to get (if you gave Julia back hers) without the content of the premium edition.
My assumption turns out to be true. The special line that trigger portrait's quest at Demiurge's shop shows up after you receive Amazon Queen's portrait from Don Romantic. He promises to reward you with a lvl up and tells you that you can't get such a reward from anybody else, right? (Nergal promised the same reward for bringing 5 captive kings to him and also said the same thing that you can't get such a reward from anybody else!)

Quote:
You have to fight this girl (Princess Marina) when you arrive at Amazonia for the first time. It's a kind of test, if you're worth to visit the amazones.

Attention: As you may have seen, the landing spot for your boat is very small! If you travel to Amazonia for the first time and get out of there with Blackies help (Teleport), your boat might get stuck, as another one appears in the "Harbor" after you get the first quests (or come back the second time...don't know exactly). As you are not able to fly (!!!) on Amazonia, but need a boat there for some parts of the quests, you should travel to and from Amazonia by boat only, until it is no longer required!
You can always teleport back! Teleportation also spawns a boat!

Quote:
Dragon Riders: When I fought her, she never had Dragon Riders in her army. Most of the troops were Amazones, so if you see the Dragon Riders in the tooltip and they do not participate in the fight, this might be a bug.
I guess this is a bug, as i only fought with Amazons.

Quote:
As far as I remember, he is not related to any quest. For one of the Amazonia-Quests new enemies on sea will be generated after obtaining it.

BR

J.B.
Thanks for the info.

BTW i just discovered a real nice Easter Egg. After you got Amazon's queen and Okkarland's king married and completed "Ring of Abundance" quest, equip Old Shoes and talk to the king and you get 2 Princesses for free! Maybe there is a similar situation with Dragondor's king if we give him a princess and wear a certain item before talking to him!

Last edited by jahes64; 07-16-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah, this certainly sucks big time.
As a mage character i should concentrate on mana/intellect increasing items but i ruined my play-through by buying and equipping every item that reduce undead/vampire/necromancer/black knight leadership requirement (Also because of another unpleasant aspect of the game that prevented spawning of some of such items, i gave one of each such items to myself via cheat codes), and filling rest of my slot with leadership increasing items, in hope of obtaining lvl 3 of this absurd medal. Also i have lvl 3 of the medal that reduces female leadership requirement. Now at lvl 65 with 27000 leadership i have a gigantic army that consist of 1000 female vampires, 950 normal vampires, 400 ancient vampires, 300 necromancers and 400 black knights, but still failed to scare enough stacks to even get lvl 1 of this absurd medal!

Same for my Demoness. Even the tiniest enemy plays martyr after having noticed my 30.000+-Ledership-Army. Ridiculous!

Quote:
They should have made the game, in a way, that number of times, that we use merciful spells (such as blind, slow, sheep,...), would be counted toward this medal.

Yes, something like this! Or something related to the Diplomacy-Like skills.

Quote:
So this situation is not exclusive only to vampire. Thanks for confirmation.

No problem.

Quote:
My assumption turns out to be true. The special line that trigger portrait's quest at Demiurge's shop shows up after you receive Amazon Queen's portrait from Don Romantic. He promises to reward you with a lvl up and tells you that you can't get such a reward from anybody else, right? (Nergal promised the same reward for bringing 5 captive kings to him and also said the same thing that you can't get such a reward from anybody else!)
Thank you for sharing this Information about the trigger! That offers new options for my next attempt. I think, I will try to visit Amazonia as early as possible then and see, if this brings some changes for other quests or dialogues. I have done the same with the "Media Sabotage"-Quest in order to find a way to solve it, but I only got more entries in the quest-journal and the quest was still open at the end.

Quote:
You can always teleport back! Teleportation also spawns a boat!

Yes, I know, but in that situation the two boats in the small harbor got stuck, so I had to teleport to another Island and sail back to Amazonia, in order to battle the enemy heroes on sea. After that, I had to sail back to another Island and teleport back to Amazonia. Everything else but easy and relaxed travelling!

Quote:
I guess this is a bug, as i only fought with Amazons.
I will check in my next playthrough, what will be displayed in the tooltip, before fighting Marina.

Quote:
thanks for the info.

You're welcome.

Quote:
BTW i just discovered a real nice Easter Egg. After you got Amazon's queen and Okkarland's king married and completed "Ring of Abundance" quest, equip Old Shoes and talk to the king!!! Each time you speak with the king with Old shoes equipped you get 2 Princesses for free
OK, this is very interesting! In Warriors of the North there is also an Easter Egg with the Old Shoes. And another one with the Clay Bowl! So, there might be a chance, that there is another Easter Egg in Dark Side, related to the Clay Bowl, too. Maybe on Drokkentier!

Did you check, if there is a limit of princesses to get? If not, maybe one can figure out, how many princesses Oncologon needs to get the "Dragon Riders"-Quest solved!

I think, my next run starts within a few days!

BR

J.B.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Same for my Demoness. Even the tiniest enemy plays martyr after having noticed my 30.000+-Ledership-Army. Ridiculous!
Well, My female vampire stack in fact had a leadership of ~180,000 and other stacks were in fact ~80,000 leadership armies. Without leadership reduction items i couldn't have such a huge army. I couldn't manage with this huge army, let alone a 30,000 army which is several fold smaller! Next time i won't waste my time for this absurd medal.

Quote:
OK, this is very interesting! In Warriors of the North there is also an Easter Egg with the Old Shoes. And another one with the Clay Bowl! So, there might be a chance, that there is another Easter Egg in Dark Side, related to the Clay Bowl, too. Maybe on Drokkentier!
Is there a way to find these things out by opining some game file?

Quote:
Did you check, if there is a limit of princesses to get? If not, maybe one can figure out, how many princesses Oncologon needs to get the "Dragon Riders"-Quest solved!
I noticed that this princess gain is a one-time thing if Rorik is chosen as king.
Its seems that there is a bug that let you get more if Erik is chosen as king.
Sorry for misinformation and thanks for replies given.

Also it is a huge shame that this game does not spawn all spell and items -at least all of which that have been added in darkside- in every game.

Last edited by jahes64; 07-17-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
...Is there a way to find these things out by opining some game file?

I'm sorry, I have no idea if this is possible. The only thing I know, is that the Easter Egg with the Clay Bowl in Warriors of the North is related to the Dragon in Verlon Wasteland, so I thought that, if there is a similar Easter Egg in Dark Side, it could be related to one of the Dragons on Drokkentier. Could be the one, who imprisoned the princesses you can free, because you can fight him, when you visit his flying island on another trip to Drokkentier....but this does not work in every playthrough (only met him once) and I have no idea why.

Quote:
I noticed that this princess gain is a one-time thing if Rorik is chosen as king.
Its seems that there is a bug that let you get more if Erik is chosen as king.
Sorry for misinformation and thanks for replies given.

No problem! I will check it out in my next attempt.

Quote:
Also it is a huge shame that this game does not spawn all spell and items -at least all of which that have been added in darkside- in every game.

I agree. At least they should implement all scrolls needed for the quests. The major problem is, that some of the islands seems to be deserted regarding runes, chests, scrolls and stuff, but on other islands you have plenty of them. I think that is the result of a lack of time while finishing the game towards the given milestone "Publication".

And the biggest issue for me is, that so many clues for the relationship between different quests and questlines are missing. Even when you read everything carefully, you have to guess most of the time or will never have a clue, that there might be some links to other quests, persons or objects. I guess, that is the reason, why there is no detailed walkthrough, containing all quests, options and possibilities the game offers, to find. I wonder if there is such a script in developers hands?!

BR

J.B.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, I have no idea if this is possible. The only thing I know, is that the Easter Egg with the Clay Bowl in Warriors of the North is related to the Dragon in Verlon Wasteland, so I thought that, if there is a similar Easter Egg in Dark Side, it could be related to one of the Dragons on Drokkentier. Could be the one, who imprisoned the princesses you can free, because you can fight him, when you visit his flying island on another trip to Drokkentier....but this does not work in every playthrough (only met him once) and I have no idea why.
Yeah, i remember that. When i played WotN, i didin't know about it. And when i played it again with Fire and Ice DLC activated, i chose not to equip it on my head, because in addition to extra xp and gold that you could get out of the fight, one of new items that were added with DLC was bond to Dragons, And killing enough number of Dragons (This encounter had enough dragons to fully charge that artifact) with it equipped would give you extra Attack, Defense or Intellect point, which obviously was better than a single Black Dragon Egg.

Next time i will try the bowl with that dragon that you mentioned. According to KBScanner there is a shop at Drokkentier that sell a [low level] scroll, which i couldn't find, so it could be true! Btw, i think after kidnapping those 3 Princesses, you have to leave Drokkentier for once and then return back for that dragon to appear.

Quote:
At least they should implement all scrolls needed for the quests.
I never got stuck in any quest because of this issue. I mean, there was a quest that required teleport scroll, i checked my save with KBScanner and it pointed only to one character. But the mage at the shelter also had it, just not in the store. You had to get it via conversation (for free). There was another instance at Baraz-Gund that i had to buy something for 50k from someone who was going to be one of election candidates, but then again i could get it for free from engineer at the shelter. I think in this case, main problem is with quest log and the way it "guides" people.

Quote:
And the biggest issue for me is, that so many clues for the relationship between different quests and questlines are missing. Even when you read everything carefully, you have to guess most of the time or will never have a clue, that there might be some links to other quests, persons or objects. I guess, that is the reason, why there is no detailed walkthrough, containing all quests, options and possibilities the game offers, to find. I wonder if there is such a script in developers hands?!
Yeah, this is one of main issues. Also i noticed some bugs that make some spell, items and units useless.

Sacrifice spell can not be cast on summoned creatures. (blood Priestesses can cast their own talent on summoned creatures)

Call of Death spell can only be cast on YOUR OWN completely destroyed units, which makes it completely absurd and pointless, because you can't make undead out of destroyed enemy units. (Necromancers can cast their similar talent on any completely destroyed troop for thrice)

As for items, i found lizardman related items at shops, which are completely useless, because lizardmen unfortunately do not exist in this game (Although i encountered some of them when i tried to upgrade the item in question).

Also another problem was the fact, that most items that give bonus to humans, only give bonus to light humans, not the dark ones which certainly are humans too! (same for dark elves and dark dwarfs)

And some items were not equitable at all and were marked as "normal items" instead of "Artifact" for instance!

As for units, Metamorphs could not be resurrected!

Light units were as rare and it could get!

Some neutral units such as Black Dragons were available at small number. I got only 3 of them in my play-through plus 3 eggs. With diplomacy we can lure one of them from every wandering stack containing black dragons (we won't encounter lot of these stacks), but it is not acceptable.

And there were another group of neutrals such as ice Dragons and Ice spiders that we couldn't get anyway.

And there is a problem with female vampires that if you equip several items that reduce undead/vampire/female leadership requirement, they go hostile when you activate their Transformation talent.

This things also are big problems in my opinion.

Hey, i have a question, i have completed that part of "Military Department" that i had to bring 10000 prisoners to Sorug. Now i can still give 1000 prisoners to him for 1 magic rune. Is there any limit to this? Is there any point in doing this? Does it lead to anywhere? Is there anyone else who would take prisoners but give something else?

edit:
Also how to make Sorug sell things to me?
And how to make lou pose for the painter? Portrait conversation ends with something like "i will prove to you" and then there is no clue how to follow it up.

Last edited by jahes64; 07-20-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah, i remember that. When i played WotN, i didin't know about it. And when i played it again with Fire and Ice DLC activated, i chose not to equip it on my head, because in addition to extra xp and gold that you could get out of the fight, one of new items that were added with DLC was bond to Dragons, And killing enough number of Dragons (This encounter had enough dragons to fully charge that artifact) with it equipped would give you extra Attack, Defense or Intellect point, which obviously was better than a single Black Dragon Egg.

Next time i will try the bowl with that dragon that you mentioned. According to KBScanner there is a shop at Drokkentier that sell a [low level] scroll, which i couldn't find, so it could be true! Btw, i think after kidnapping those 3 Princesses, you have to leave Drokkentier for once and then return back for that dragon to appear.

I've never played the I&F-Add-On with WOTN, but, I will give it a try (after my next DS-playthrough! ).

Could that shop on Drokkentier be the Dragon on the big Island, because you can chosse to fight him, when you met him for the first time iirc!? If not, there really is a chance, that the Clay Bowl might work.

The Dragon that kidnapped the three princesses, appeared in only one of my playthroughs when I returned to Drokkentier the second time. I have no idea if there is a trigger for his appearance.

Quote:
I never got stuck in any quest because of this issue. I mean, there was a quest that required teleport scroll, i checked my save with KBScanner and it pointed only to one character. But the mage at the shelter also had it, just not in the store. You had to get it via conversation (for free). There was another instance at Baraz-Gund that i had to buy something for 50k from someone who was going to be one of election candidates, but then again i could get it for free from engineer at the shelter. I think in this case, main problem is with quest log and the way it "guides" people.

I fully agree with your last sentence. Regarding the scrolls, my biggest problem always was the "New Spells"-Quest.

Quote:
...And some items were not equitable at all and were marked as "normal items" instead of "Artifact" for instance!...

I've found some of those normal items too and still have no idea how they work. Really confusing, because of the detailed description in the tooltipps of these items.

Quote:
...This things also are big problems in my opinion....
100% agree!

Quote:
Hey, i have a question, i have completed that part of "Military Department" that i had to bring 10000 prisoners to Sorug. Now i can still give 1000 prisoners to him for 1 magic rune. Is there any limit to this? Is there any point in doing this? Does it lead to anywhere? Is there anyone else who would take prisoners but give something else?

I think the might runes you get from Sorug are only limited by the number of prisoners you are able to find. Maybe it's a kind of substitute for the missing rune exchangment!? As far as I remember, there were no other NPCs that take prisoners as long as they are not needed for a quest.

Quote:
Also how to make Sorug sell things to me?
And how to make lou pose for the painter? Portrait conversation ends with something like "i will prove to you" and then there is no clue how to follow it up.

I can't remember that Sorug had to sell something, except units.

For Lou you should now talk to the new King of Galenirim about an art exhibition. Could be, that you have to talk to the painter or Demiurge first, but I think a conversation with the king should do it.

BR

J.B.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've never played the I&F-Add-On with WOTN, but, I will give it a try (after my next DS-playthrough! ).
I strongly suggest that you play WotN with DLC activated. I wouldn't play it again without the DLC. With DLC you get to explore 3 more islands before battling that huge undead spider. I&F adds 3 races to the game: Snow Elves, Lizardmen and Dead Lizardmen, plus new units to existing races. In addition to this you get some super expensive and nice items plus some real nice sets. many units have been removed ar Daekside. Darkside units are not even half of I&F.
As for the item that i told you about, you can buy one from the snake temple at the Cave accessible only from Snow Garden. Also you can buy another one at Demonis from Lew klisan. Each for 500k, but note that only one of them fills when you kill dragons, so it is pointless to buy both, unless you want to break one for runes.

Quote:
Could that shop on Drokkentier be the Dragon on the big Island, because you can chosse to fight him, when you met him for the first time iirc!? If not, there really is a chance, that the Clay Bowl might work.

The Dragon that kidnapped the three princesses, appeared in only one of my playthroughs when I returned to Drokkentier the second time. I have no idea if there is a trigger for his appearance.
As i remember you have to kidnap his princesses, travel/teleport to another island and then come back. Then you will meet him there and if you talk to him he says something like "it was you who as others say stole my princesses in my absence" and you are forced to kill him. So yeah, it is possible that clay bowl (or something else) may play a role here.

Quote:
I think the might runes you get from Sorug are only limited by the number of prisoners you are able to find. Maybe it's a kind of substitute for the missing rune exchangment!? As far as I remember, there were no other NPCs that take prisoners as long as they are not needed for a quest.
I was offered with magic runes, type of the runes seem to be related to the hero's class. I gave him my 15000 prisoner and got 15 more magic runes, now i have 90 useless magic runes. Well, i my opinion this is a useless thing if has been made to compensate for lack of rune-exchangement. This game is such a mystery that no one has made a real guide for it. heh.

Quote:
I can't remember that Sorug had to sell something, except units.
According to KBScanner, he sells 4 items and 150 Orc Scouts. But there is no option that makes me able to buy anything from him!
There is just 2 options, first of which is for offering prisoners and the last one is for goodbye.

Quote:
For Lou you should now talk to the new King of Galenirim about an art exhibition. Could be, that you have to talk to the painter or Demiurge first, but I think a conversation with the king should do it.
Thanks for the info. I got this portrait too. But for picture quest i had to give all ten pictures in one go. Maybe devs have changed things later.

And also i noticed that Nergal buys rest of pictures, each for 1M or 3 of each rune. (There is a bug though, he does pay for "quest item" of Feline Delacourt's portrait (4 of which you receive during one of initial quests and have to deliver to nearby inns), not the Artifact one that could be equipped!)