Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
The sound system is NOT the most important thing needing to be fixed.

Atm, the offline playing is almost impossible, due to broken Radio Commands system, and the bugs associated with AI behavior.

THAT is the thing most needing a fix.
totally agreed with you mate
Old 08-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
I'm not waiting for a patch as I'm sure it will be out eventually. Instead I'm trying to remember if there was ever an apology for what was released as a game.

Hood
Yes, Luthier did say that everyone has a right to be pissed at the state of the unfinished sim on release, but suggested they would do everything in their power to make it right.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Yes, Luthier did say that everyone has a right to be pissed at the state of the unfinished sim on release, but suggested they would do everything in their power to make it right.
Ok, and for me they still have a lot of goodwill left because of IL2.

Hood
Old 08-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

When will the battle of Moscow come out?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timej31 View Post
When will the battle of Moscow come out?
Probably before the next patch...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Atm, the offline playing is almost impossible, due to broken Radio Commands system, and the bugs associated with AI behaviour.

Had my first flight the other day (having recently received the DVD) and was, I suppose, amused to see some of those treasured IL2 AI "features" still present:

Flew the channel dogfight, ran out of ammo, hadn't yet mapped/figured out radio commands so just broke off and headed home to land. Took half the flight with me, and watched as (on approach) they all assumed an increasingly improbably AOA before, like lemmings, flying into the ground en mass when I landed.

Sigh.

Haven't been able to repeat the experiment because CLoD will only start (once) if I reinstall my video drivers each time. Which is something of an unreasonable demand to make of a player.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
The sound system is NOT the most important thing needing to be fixed.

Atm, the offline playing is almost impossible, due to broken Radio Commands system, and the bugs associated with AI behavior.

THAT is the thing most needing a fix.
I feel for you even some of us are not interested in off-line play but at least we can turn Forest off and bypass the sound bug.

ALL the things that prevent actual play need fixing, like the poor so and so's that are stuck with a dual GPU card, the XP/Dx9.0 players that can't even run it, etc. Anything that prevents play is important, including stuff that doesn't directly affect me if it stops guys coming on-line - which does affect me. MP has improved with a few get-arounds and the US release but its still seems to be only available to a limited number.

Back on our heads.......

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 08-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Ok, and for me they still have a lot of goodwill left because of IL2.

Hood
Good for you, but I have to admit that for me they lost about 90% of it already. Please keep in mind they have "developed" this game for 5+ years! Both of the last expansion packs were mostly developed by third party companies and the only thing they needed to do was the implementation of new planes and maps, which we know now since the "MOD" incident, is not as complicated to do as they wanted us to believe.

The very fact that someone from the community (me) had to tell them that their Bf110 that they happily showcased in dev updates had a number of OBVIOUS flaws should have made me very suspicious. How can a company that has spent the last decade on the subject matter of WWII aviation get something like that wrong? It is beyond me. That 3D guy must have looked at hundreds of photographs of Bf110Cs and, as we were let to believe!, original blueprints. I'd have fired him on the spot!

Last edited by Zorin; 08-06-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Thread cleanup performed, the entire slagging match has been moved to the arguments and speculations thread here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25051

Tree is on his 2nd warning for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Well stop posting crap.......
...and Chivas on his 1st for responding in kind.

Maybe we should start running a betting service and let people gamble on who will be the first person to get a few days of forum "vacation", but some people are so bent on achieving it that the odds are so heavily stacked nobody would put money down on such a bet

Also, thread locked due to popular demand and to prevent it from deteriorating to the same old arguments.

Take a look at the way some of you treat other members of the community simply for having a different opinion and cherish the knowledge that because of your behaviour, the next development update threads will probably be locked as soon as any meaningful discussion has died down (a couple of days usually), preventing other members of the community from possibly continuing it at a later date.

This is a clear case of certain people pissing in everyone's bowl of cereal through their lack of manners:

If it persists we'd rather stop a couple of people from posting than have them stopping the entire community from doing so, as being the lesser of two evils. The options exist, the choice is theirs to make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thisiswhywecant'havenicethings.jpg (27.8 KB, 169 views)
Closed Thread