Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =69.GIAP=TOOZ View Post
Well, I think the Do335 was modelled by someone outside of the Oleg's team, but was released with 1946(?).

From what I understand, the procedure for 3rd party aircraft models being released prior to DT's involvement was that some random guy had a particular aircraft he wanted to have included in the game so he made the model and sent it into Oleg's team who would then give the guy feedback about poly counts, and so on, so he could make corrections. Once all corrections were completed someone at 1C:MG would then look it over and insert it into the game if it met all the criteria, and quite often the models had to be further corrected by one of Oleg's team anyway.

This way of doing things inevitably led to mistakes being made in the way certain aircraft were modelled, and the way certain mechanisms might work on these models, etc, because research was done by people outside of the dev team, and things like the nose wheel of the Do335 having to turn 45 degrees to fit might get missed. That's just how things go unfortunately, but we are fortunate that IL-2 was created by people who were willing to fix mistakes and improve their product continually, and indeed, with DT we have a great group who are doing their best to improve what is already a great product.

Perhaps now that you have highlighted the issue of the Do335 someone might decide to take a look at it and see if it can/needs to be fixed!
Indeed! Daidlos Team seems to have a knack for doing these sort of fixes (Bf110G-2, Gladiator, Ju88 in the upcoming patch). Show them the references that describe what is needed and I think they will be happy to fix it.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6
Old 11-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

It would be great if TD could model an earlier FW190 A8 version, because so many of those were produced.

The early version had a "straight" canopy just like the A 4/5/6 version

Alot better looking in my opinion
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Pilots would probably prefer the later bubble canopy due to visibility issues, but i agree it looks sleeker and more beautiful with the straight one
Old 11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
zipper

oh, while on the subject of the 335 - a fascinating characteristic concerning the flight model: the single engine max speed was about 48mph faster on the rear engine than the front (A-0), in spite of the rear prop being 3 inches smaller diameter (tip speeds on rear prop were excessive while in front prop's wash at speed). Sadly, in game top speed on each engine is exactly the same.

... another day closer ...
Old 11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Default Separate engine axis?

It was announced before, but because i didnt saw it on your new video: will we have separate axis for eatch engine? Glad to see axis for radiator, tank you!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

I´d like to ask if there is some plan for future griffon engined spitfire. I haven´t found any information yet