Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juz1 View Post
also dlc the low-level Romanian oil fields raid in B24s...real eye-candy potential
+1

Yes Please!!!! A Ploesti mission would be awesome...
Old 09-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknight82 View Post
Great game, but there are some disappointing inaccuracies on show:

The Battle of Britain:
The Spitfire IIb and the Hurricane II were NEVER used in the Battle of Britain. The Spitfires used were Mk.1, Mk.Ia and Mk.IIa (which all has 8 x .303 machine guns...no cannon) and the Hurricane I (which had 8 .303 machine guns) was used. Spitfire IIb and Hurricane Mk.II didn't apprear until AFTER the BoB.

Given the resources available on the battle, there are no excuses for this!

All RAF Battle of Britain fighters were painted green and brown on top...never grey.

A Hurricane Mk.II would be in grey and green on top...not brown and green.

The Macchi Mc.202 had a 3-bladed propeller...not a 4-bladed propeller.

The aircraft you have listed as a P-51B is actually Mustang I - the RAF name for the P-51A (the A had an Allison engine, as opposed to the Merlin on the B/C/D, and 4 20mm cannon instead of 4 x .50cal machine guns on the B/C and 6 x .50cal machine guns on the D)

If I notice any other errors I will post them up.
Moonknight, you make a mistake yourself. Read PhantomIIf4's thread here. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ght=developers

Your paragraph should read like this:
Quote:
The aircraft you have listed as a P-51B is actually Mustang IA - the RAF name for the P-51 (the P-51 had an Allison engine, as opposed to the Merlin on the B/C/D, and 4 20mm cannon instead of 4 x .50cal machine guns on the A/B/C and 6 x .50cal machine guns on the D)
The P-51A was the USAAF name for the Mustang II and had the four .50inch machine guns.

The Mustang I had two .50 machine guns just under the spinner, firing through the propeller. Two more .50 in the wings along with four .30 machine guns making 8 machine guns in total. The early Mustang I planes also had a shorter carbouretta scoop above the engine. This IS NOT the plane in BoP.

By the way the USAAF name for the Mustang I is the XP-51 used for USAAF evaluation before North American was allowed to sell the Mustang I to the RAF.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Moonknight, you make a mistake yourself. Read PhantomIIf4's thread here. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ght=developers

Your paragraph should read like this:

The P-51A was the USAAF name for the Mustang II and had the four .50inch machine guns.

The Mustang I had two .50 machine guns just under the spinner, firing through the propeller. Two more .50 in the wings along with four .30 machine guns making 8 machine guns in total. The early Mustang I planes also had a shorter carbouretta scoop above the engine. This IS NOT the plane in BoP.

By the way the USAAF name for the Mustang I is the XP-51 used for USAAF evaluation before North American was allowed to sell the Mustang I to the RAF.
I realise that...I was tired when writing that post, so please forgive that mistake. I am seriously anaemic right now.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Could you guys put in a patch where you could land and re-arm/re-fuel at the airfields?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
Are you sure? As far as I'm aware, only the 109 and 190 were definitely getting 'pits in the immediate future, and there was no mention of them being part of the forthcoming patch.
I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any plans to provide pits for the bombers, or Italian fighters.
You are correct 109 and maybe the 190 as Anton stated.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rittmeister86 View Post
Could you guys put in a patch where you could land and re-arm/re-fuel at the airfields?
plzzzzzzzzz add this so we can re arm re fuel. on sim theres no point in doing it with limited f/a if u cant rearm refuel

Last edited by DannyBooze; 09-26-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Default microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2

Please, support for this great joystick!!!
If you enable mapping controls and realistic forces this one will be a must have game!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONIJAZZ View Post
Please, support for this great joystick!!!
If you enable mapping controls and realistic forces this one will be a must have game!!!
I'd agree if it weren't for the fact the MS are a-holes and abandonded flight sticks and the flight sim market - which clearly show MS puts maxing revenue before quality.

Flight sticks don't appeal to the lowest common denominator - shareholders could use that extra half-cent, so bye bye sticks and flight sims.

MS says, "Go play the latest Halo"
Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Joystick Deadzone...

Dear Devs,

Already covered, but just to reinforce this NEEDS for a future update ) :

1- Decrease the Deadzone of Joysticks (or maybe can you make it adjustable??). Now, it is quite unplayable unless decreasing the sensitivity...

2- Create 8 "sight directions" instead of 4, controlable with the hat (with the Thrustmaster Flightstick X). Or maybe a panoramic or rotating seeing mode controlable with the hat with a reset button.

Thank you for your work!!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Default wrong again

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknight82 View Post
I have never, ever seen a photo or info about Spitfire Mk.V being in green and brown...and I have access to so many Spitfire books it's untrue! Only Aussie Spit Mk.5s were in brown and green (foliage green and light earth, or dark green and dark earth...) RAF 5s were never brown and green.
1) Do you really think this makes you unique in your 'expertise'?

2) Can you tell the difference between earth brown and ocean grey in B&W photos?

The Spitfire MkV entered service in early 1941 and the Land Temperate scheme was not replaced until August 1941.

The first production Spitfire MkVs were factory painted in the Land Temperate scheme, Dark Earth/Dark Green/Sky (Type S refers to the type of paint used - smooth instead of matt - not the colour. There were other Type S paints in use). Squadrons started reequipping with the MkV from February 1941. From 16th August 1941, day fighters were instructed to be repainted in the new Day Fighter Scheme of Ocean Grey/Dark Green/Medium Sea Grey. This was to be done at the first convenient opportunity. From September 1941 manufacturers had to supply new aircraft in the Day Fighter scheme.