Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy View Post
what about that Anton? And we don't care about a 'hollywood effect' we just want to be able to belly land man!
Like this??

Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
people in single player are going to land at the end of the mission

so they are not taking off anyway

And for multiplayer a landing where the pilot survives due to a good skill landing should not count as a "suicide" or an enemy kill assist. if he crashes and survives let him respawn and keep his point for a good landing.
Good point.
We'll see.
Approved Member

Complete control configuration is the thing I want to see most in an update. Also wheel brakes for flight stick users would be nice.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Stop repeat the same issue and post unrelated videos, please.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
That would really be nice. I hear the looping music as I type these lines. The music in the game is really awesome, but this part is a pain.
Ha, it definitely fades in and out during the day... while I'm at work it's maddening because it is so far away not that I am addicted to a demo, oh not at all
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Your wing was broken.
You wouldn't be able to takeoff. It is not over-reactive. It is exactly what I am telling.

This explosions achieves two goals:
- adds more Holywood style action (especially if you one, who hit target, not the one who landed).
- gives more visual for MP - more time you see enemy explosion, not just landed.
In the Il2 games on the PC, during campaign it was possible to progress even if you were shot down so long as you survived and came down behind friendly lines. This meant being shot up badly did not necessarily mean that you failed the mission, like a real pilot, you could survive being shot down and return to your unit for another mission.

While less stylish than the plane blowing up, it did give an authentic feel to the game.

An alternative method would be to give the victor the kill when the game recognised that the plane was on the ground and could not takeoff, but leave the pilot to exit the plane manually, which would count as being shot down, not being killed. This would perhaps be best on simulation and realistic difficulties, leaving "Hollywood style action" for the players on arcade.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Good point.
We'll see.
please see to it!
the fans would be more than grateful !

thousands.... MILLIONS of youtube videos anton.... think of the free advertising
Old 08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy View Post
Also, would it be possible to keep the same camera when you get shot down rather than a zoom out?
seconded
Old 08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

like this:

i did go into settings and change the camera though, but i cant look around with the right stick, it would be cool to look behind and see flames burning up the plane
Old 08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Okay guys

Next issue

CONTROLS

Alot of people on consoles are used to controlling FPS games (the most popular games right now) mainly with the right stick.

I believe alot of people would be able to relate to this game more if the right stick controled the ailrons and elevator.

Even when i play , im so used to using the right stick to control games .... that it feels broken when i play BOP , but i know for a fact that the controls are amazing because i have a joystick