Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Buggy controls?

Anyone else having problems with controls? Sometimes they work,sometimes they don't!
Throttle,pitch,assigning buttons to flaps,undercarriage etc.Assigned correctly,but not working.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Anyone else having problems with controls? Sometimes they work,sometimes they don't!
Throttle,pitch,assigning buttons to flaps,undercarriage etc.Assigned correctly,but not working.
Have you turned anthropomorphic setting on? It won't allow you to use some combinations of controls at the same time. Keep in mind, if you have very jittery axis, game might think that you are using particular control all the time and block other controls.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes, sometimes they work, sometimes the sliders get stuck halfway.
I tried to assign fire button to my joystick but it only worked once, after firing a salvo, I had to use spacebar again for the next one.

~S~
Old 03-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Well my game does next to not recognise my joystick, only thing that works is the throttel, the rest does not react at all, no x-, y-, or z-achses, non of the firing buttons, that has to be done at the moment all with the keyboard....in IL2 you could at least test if your joystick was being recognised, no go with CoD, also setting you type in are not being saved, next start and they are all back to the standard setting again.....
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShark View Post
I tried to assign fire button to my joystick but it only worked once, after firing a salvo, I had to use spacebar again for the next one.

~S~
OK, I got it working, the fire button you have to choose somewhere downwards, it's not the second line where you see "fire selected weapon" it's somewhere else downwards (I forgot the exact name but you'll find it).

For sliders, choose zero under where you can increase or decrease the something after selecting the slider (once again I forgot the name but you'll find it).

~S~
Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShark View Post

~S~

Same here with my X52 throttle. Works for a few seconds then gets stuck in a random position. Stuck on trying to resolve it...
Old 03-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Same here with my X52 throttle. Works for a few seconds then gets stuck in a random position. Stuck on trying to resolve it...
Yes this is what is happening with my saitek throttle quadrant.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes this is what is happening with my saitek throttle quadrant.
Seems to be a few people whos Saitek joysticks do not work properly.
I have tried a few things, but only the throttel is working the rest is just plain dead. Although it works perfectly with IL2-1946
Old 03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Turn anthropomorphic setting off in the realism settings panel.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

For those with Joystick problems, you likely need to go into the Axes section of the controls and rebind anything you might use. For whatever reason, it defaults to a random selection of Joystick, Joystick 1 and Joystick 2 bindings, and only those set to Joystick will work. I have no idea why this is, but if you rebind the problematic ones, everything works.